Transferred 3 embies on Thursday

iVillage Member
Transferred 3 embies on Thursday
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 4:32pm
Thank you to Amie, Julie and Michelle for your good luck and good wishes for my transfer last Thursday.

We transferred 3 embryos -- 1 Grade A 8 cell, 1 Grade B 8 cell and 1 Grade C 6 cell. We were only planning to transfer 2, but my RE thought we should go ahead and transfer the third one rather than try to freeze it. I go in on Wednesday, 6 dp3dt, for u/s and b/w and my beta is scheduled for April 15. Time has definitely slowed down. Is anyone else having a beta around that time? I was thinking you might, Julie, but then I remembered that you have blasts so I'm not sure.

Thanks again, everyone!

++++++ for all of us,

Steph 4dp3dt (can't believe I can finally say that!)

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 5:18pm
Hi Steph,

I'm sending you sticky vibes!!!! I haven't heard of ultrasound and BW between the TR and Beta - what do they look for? Are they able to predict anything?

My beta is Friday, the 11th. Time has really, really slowed down!

Try to relax and provide a warm, sticky environment for your litlle boys and girls!

Julie, TTC#1, IVF/ICSI/PGD#1, 6dp5dt (2 blasts)

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 5:50pm
Hi Julie,

Here are some STICKY VIBES for you!! You are so lucky you don't have to wait it out through the weekend!

My RE wants to look at my ovaries and my lining on u/s. He wants to make sure that the lining has gone from triple layer to homogeneous. I don't know what b/w he is doing, but I'm guessing it is progesterone, at least. I don't know if he'll be abe to tell anything or not, but I'll certainly be asking! I've never heard of this either, but my RE is very monitoring-intensive. I was in there every day from Day 4 of stims until HCG.

OK, I have to ask -- Are you going to do a HPT? Unfortunately, I noticed that there is one lurking under the sink in my bathroom, but I'm not planning to use it, I said "planning".

Good Good Good luck on Friday!!!

Big +++++++++++++++ for you!

Steph

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 9:23pm
Hi Steph,

Thanks for the +++++++ vibes - I am asking everyone for prayers, and am taking any offers of good vibes I can get!

Very interesting about your appt. I hope it goes well for you!

Funny you should ask about the HPT, I just posted a reply to Beth on the "other" board...

here it is:

Beth! We are thinking the same, hee-hee!! I also have ONE test in the drawer, and am debating if I should try it Friday morning!!

Truth be told, I've thought about buying more and just starting to test daily now until I see the blue line!! I'm still holding out on that idea, though!! Good thing too, because the first time I had the thought, I did the math and I would have spent over $100 on pee sticks!

I'm trying to listen to the advise on this board and not test at all, but there is that little rebelious voice inside of me (not to mention the screaming stick in the drawer!). We'll see...

So, Steph, as of today, I am not testing. Who knows what tomorrow will bring!! Also, how many women do you know that just "happen" to have an HPT hanging around the house? LOL - only us TTCers!!

Julie

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 10:09am
I actually did that once after an IUI. I started testing at 8dpIUI and tested every other day. My theory was that I would know when the HCG shot was out of my system so if it actually turned up positive, I would know it was the real thing. I think I had a couple of 3 packs that I bought at Costco.

BIG ++++++++++++++++++++++ FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steph