Hi

iVillage Member
Hi
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 11:09am
Hi, I'm a new member, 35 and trying for our first child. We began the IVF process recently. I started Lupron 4/17, go back on 4/29 for ultrasound/blood work and then hopefully begin the 2nd medication which I can't remember its name right now. The Dr's office is in NYC + has a great reputation even though it feels like a production line during office visits. They told us our tentative retrieval date in 5/11 (pretty cool, Mother's Day) and a tentative transfer date of 4/15. The weird thing about all of this is that I don't have any known infertility problems, it's my husband who has a condition that makes these procedures, IVF/ICSI, the only possible way for us to conceive. I am so scared that this won't work. The doctor is out-of-network so we have to pay 20%, which as well all know is astronomical and my husband has been unemployed since February. I don't have a particular question right now, I'm just so intimidated by this whole process.

Thanks for any support,

Sue

iVillage Member
In reply to: isue2003
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 1:36pm
Sue,

Sounds like you are on the right track, and it is normal to have the feelings that your are having. I have heard good things about the clinics on the East coast and know that you are in good hands. In regards to the infertily issue being with your husband, look on the bright side, at least all your reproductive organs are in great shape so once the transfer has taken place those little embroys will be in a great little home. This hole process can be intimidating, I always just had to take a deep breath, grab my honey and give him a hug, and then I just knew that good or bad results we would make it through this process together. Wishing you the best of luck with this cycle and sending you tons of fertlizing thougths your way.

Hugs,

Melanie

iVillage Member
In reply to: isue2003
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 2:24pm
Thanks Melanie,

Just venting helps. It is great giving my hubby a big hug but he still is not the one being jabbed every night with a needle. I don't want to worry him with my fears about the process not working. The good news is that the doctor who is doing this procedure has done this on 160 women in the exact same circumstances (medical condition of the husband) and every single one became pregnant. I just want a healthy me and a healthy baby.

Thanks again.

Sue