First timer IVF and new member-HI!!

iVillage Member
First timer IVF and new member-HI!!
Sun, 05-11-2003 - 5:06pm
Hello all. I am a new member and I will be visiting here on a frequent basis. We had a failed attempt at an IUI in mid-April. I have PCOS and hubby has inconsistent count of "litle guys" and I am 34, hubby is 44 and due to our ages, we decided to go straight to IVF. Our retrieval date is set for 07/29. In the meantime, I am on the BC pills and I have a Sono-Hysterogram scheuled for 05/19. I am worried it is going to be painful. I had the Hysterosalpingogram done in March and that HURT so much! Can anyone give me some feed back on the Sono-Hysterogram - does it hurt and can I go back to work the same day? My appt. is at 10:15 am. Also, I am flying out 07/03-07/13 and our shots start on 07/07. Has anyone here started injections while they were on a vacation? We have a 2nd home in New England, so I won't be in a hotel or anything. I am just worried about the flights interfering with the success of the injections. Also, has anyone heard any good feed back about buying fertility meds from IVFMeds.com? Their prices are much cheaper, I just don't know if it is safe to purchase from there, or pay the higher rate and purchase through my doctor. Sorry for all of the questions...I am sure I will have more as time goes on..LOL. All my wishes and pryaers to all of you TTC. We are all in this together..

K.J.