New to this Idea

iVillage Member
New to this Idea
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 12:22am
My husband and I have been trying for four and a half years and I got PG in November 2003 but did not find out until December and then 10 days later found myself in the hospital needing surgey for an etopic pregnancy. I lost my left tube and the doctor say that my other tube my also be simi-blocked. She is suggesting we do IVF. Does anyone have any advice as what I might do?? Thanks in advance for reading this and any help you give.

Charisa

iVillage Member
In reply to: charisa
Tue, 06-10-2003 - 3:36pm
Charisa-

Your situation sounds similar to mine. I had severe endometriosis and had to have my left tube and ovary removed. I then got pregnant right away and it turned out to be ectopic and had to have my right tube removed in December also. I am now starting my first cycle of IVF and my doctor told me when it's tubal problems you have a good chance. My prayers are with you. I completely understand how difficult it can be. We've been trying 3-4 years. Liz

iVillage Member
In reply to: charisa
Tue, 06-10-2003 - 7:32pm
Charisa,

I had 3 ectopics all in 2003. Dr suggest IVF to bypass the tubes. I agreed since surgery was not an option for me or them. Since you have gotten pregnant it should be a relief to you knowing that you can get pregnant. That's how I felt and I decided to try my first IVF this cycle. I had my transfer (3 embryo's) on June 6th so I doing the waiting game until June 17th I will have my first pregnancy test.

Good Luck with your decision and keep me updated on what you have decided

Tia