Hey! elizabeth771

iVillage Member
Hey! elizabeth771
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 2:13pm
Hey Elizabeth!

I saw your reply to the post I had made last week or so, that you were on your stims already and would possibly be going for the harvest and transfer this week! I won't be going till the week of the 14th of July. I start my stims the first week of July. So I am a bit behind you.

Good luck to you and I hope to see some good news from you on here!

Take care,

Kathy

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-25-2003 - 11:30am
Hey Kathy! Thanks for writing me back. I went in for my egg retrieval yesterday (It wasn't too bad). They called me today and I go in for my transfer probably Sunday. It is kind of nerve wracking this week but I'm praying alot and that helps. So you will be starting your stims next week? I'll be praying for you. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Keep in Touch. Liz
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 9:38am
Hi Liz! That is so exciting! I'm glad you saw my post and know that I have been praying for you too, knowing you were going through it now! Yikes! So the egg retrievel wasn't too bad? Did they tell you how many eggs they got? I was told that they would be able to tell you that day or the next day. Something like that. How many are they going to transfer back? For me they are going to transfer 3-4 back if I have that many good eggs. Sorry all the questions, but you are living what I will be in the next few weeks! It's so exciting and scary at the same time!

I got the call on Friday from my RE's office telling me to stop BCP's tomorrow (Friday) and I go in for my baseline labs and U/S on 7/2. Then I am supposed to start stim's on the 3rd, if everything is fine with the labs and U/S. I am a little nervous about the mixing, not necessarily the injections. What were you on? I am supposed to start with 2 vials of follistim in the AM and 2 in the PM. I will also be on Antagon later on. Did you have to take that?

Good Luck! TONS of baby dust to you!

Kathy

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 10:10am
Hi Kathy! I had 12 follicles (I only have one ovary). They were able to get 10 (I guess 2 were cysts or something). 9 of them fertilized and 8 were good out of those so far. They are going to do the transfer on Sunday and he only puts 2 in (I guess to reduce multiple births). I am hoping to have some to freeze. My protocol on the stims was 3 gonal-f (fsh) and 1 repronex (hmg) in the morning for the first 5 days. On the 5th day I went in for my sonogram and estrodol level and that day I started antagon. After that I continued on 3&1 + antigon and sono and E2 for 3 more days. On the 8th day I took the ovidrel that night (hcg) to make me ovulate (they tell you what time). Then I went for my retrieval on Tues morn.

For me the most stressful time so far was during the stims to make sure I was producing enough eggs etc. After Sunday I guess I just have the waiting game. Talk to you soon.

Liz

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-27-2003 - 10:01am
Liz that's great! I think that is a awsome number of eggs retrieved! They did tell me that some of the follicles can be empty, so not always is there an egg just because there is a follie. But I think you got a great number for 1 ovary! I have 2 ovaries, but the one on my right side is not working very well. It's almost as if it was premenopausal, and I am 34. So they think that it might not produce very many eggs, but of course they don't know until they do it. The left ovary seems to be in good shape. After hearing how many eggs you got, it is very encouraging to me.

Yes, they told us the usual # to transfer is 2, but since we are fine with multiples and we are paying everything out of pocket, they want to transfer at a higher #. But it still all depends on how my egg quality is and if they are growing the way they should.

Thanks for giving me the low down on your med's. It is going to help me keep things straight. I would think that wondering if it was working is stressful! The 2week wait is the worst. It seems like you can't stay busy enough!

If you wanted to email me at all to keep busy, you can at scarlett_kat@hotmail.com or I will check back here to see how things are going! Either way, I hope things go well and you will be getting the best of news soon!

Kathy