Hope for All!

iVillage Member
Hope for All!
Fri, 06-27-2003 - 11:26pm
I just wanted to give hope to all of you. I am 32, and am at stage IV Endometreosis. After endless surgeries and drugs, Lupron, I did IVF with only a 30% chance of success. We went two full rounds with three egg transfers on day three and in-between one frozen transfer. The second full round, I was blessed and was prego with a boy, who is two now and still not sleeping through the night! We decided six months ago to go again. Six months of Lupron again, and we found a Dr. in Tulsa who is AMAZING, the lab is the best it is out of OKC. We were stunned with another day three transfer, only had three eggs that survived, and now we are having twins! I am so excited. I know how hard it is to go through IVF. I know the doubts, guilt, pain and anger. I would encourage all of you to look at the Dr. and the lab very careful. I have several friends going to a place local and they herd the women like cows at certain times of the year. None of my friends have been successful there and yet they stay, giving their money and hopes again and again. The best advice is to study the clinic's stats, find out references. And don't take the first Dr. you meet, interview. The difference with our first try and our second was that the first clinic did IXI sp? where they pick the sperm and inject it into the egg. The second clinic had no idea why they did this as my husband has turbo sperm and I was producing eggs fine. And look, second clinic, no problem, prego first try! So the Dr. and the labs are crucial. Good luck to all, hope you are all prego soon!
iVillage Member
In reply to: ssdedo
Sat, 06-28-2003 - 5:35am
congratulation to your success. i would like to know what medication the doctor prescribe you to take after transfer. thks.
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-28-2003 - 9:43am
Hi! Congrats on your success twice. My story is very similar to yours. I'm 31, have stage IV endometriosis and my husband has a high sperm count. I lost one ovary and one tube because of endo and the other tube b/c of a tubal pregnancy. I was wondering about you only having 3 eggs left. Do you mean the time of the transfer or during fertilization. I am doing my transfer tomorrow. They were able to get 10 eggs during retrieval and 8 fertilized. Were the three you had transferred the first try good quality? Thanks for your encouragement.

Liz

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-12-2003 - 9:28am
I would love to talk to you directly via e-mail. I too have a beautiful 16 month old from a successful 1st fresh cycle. I now realize how blessed we were and how naive I was about whole process. But I literally stayed off my feet for 2 weeks after transfer during that first cycle. We have since gone through 2 canceled cycles and in June had a failed transfer of 4 grade A embryos. But we have 3 frozen grade A embryos left. I'd love to know what you did after transfer the 2nd time with a 2 year old running around. Ours loves to be carried around and be on top of me all of the time I am at home. Did you stay off your feet or did you do normal stuff? I am planning on sending him to my parents for the first 2 weeks after transfer of frozen embryos, we cannot afford for this last try to not work.

I'd love some advice.

Congratulations and the Best of luck on with the twins

Virginia

virginia.james@ssl-americas.com