New to board

iVillage Member
New to board
Sat, 06-28-2003 - 9:39am
I have lurked here for the past week and I finally felt the urge to introduce myself. I am 25 and am currently going through my first IVF/ICSI process. Actually, I just had my day 3 transfer yesterday-2 good looking embryos. So now I am in the big wait-and-see period. I am not sure what is worse-all the treatments/injections or the waiting period. My husband and I are trying so hard to not get our hopes up to high, but I know we will be heart broken if it doesn't happen. I had a rough retrieval and am scared to go through it again. They extracted 17 eggs and 10 fertilized. My left ovary was up behind my uterus and it was more difficult to aspirate the eggs, which is what is what caused me so much pain after the retrieval. I also have been fortunate enough to be out of work during the whole process, but I start a new job soon. I am worried to do an IVF cycle again when I am so new at the job, but we have waited over 2 years for this and I don't want to put it off too long. Anyone have similar thoughts or concerns??

Thanks so much and best wishes to everyone!!!

iVillage Member
In reply to: liamlindsey
Sat, 07-05-2003 - 4:02pm
Hey there, Liamlindsey ..

I'm new to posting on this board; been over at the infertility boards but found this one is much more where I should be. I'm in my first IVF cycle - I'm at the 2ww - have my pg test on Monday. The wait is awful! Stupidly took a hpt; should have known that the progesterone would affect the outcome - it was ++. Anyhow, my numbers were very similar to yours. The retrieval was really painful - 19 eggs. Two embryos were transferred. I found out today that the other two, that were going to be frozen for the next try, didn't make it. SO, I'm kind of bummed out that if it doesn't take this time, I'll have to go through the whole process again: follistim/repronex, etc. Although they - the injections - weren't as bad as the progesterone; I have those injections and the estradiol pills. I wish that there was a way to tell - waiting through the holiday weekend is so hard.

Anyhow, it's so nice not going though this alone ...baby dust and good luck!

Take care .. Jen