Are there reviews done on IVF clinics??

iVillage Member
Are there reviews done on IVF clinics??
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 3:56pm
I have started investigating some IVF clinics in Southern California and have wondered if there are any websites where I could find out if there are complaints or what-have-you on particular clinics? Of course there are glowing reviews on the individual clinic sites from happy customers, but I would like a more realistic view as I look into these places. Even just honest opinions about the staff and doctors...

One reason I ask is that there are no clinics in our immediate area and the only RE that is referred by doctors(though the travel time is about 45 minutes) has a terrible word-of-mouth reputation from those ex-patients I have spoken to. Moving even farther out of our area makes me anxious because I don't know how to get the true scoop on a place.

Anyone know of a good resource??

Claudia

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 10:43am
Hi Claudia -

I found a website that will give you the year 2000 success rates of fertility clinics in each state. Hope it helps!

http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/art00/clinics00.asp

Sara

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 11:18am
Thanks Sara! This will be very helpful in researching other clinics around the state! Funny...the one I'm looking into right now shows about a 40% success rate on their website and it looked more like a 14% on the one you sent me. I've heard that individual claims are often very skewed or deceptively based on only the patients who come in with good odds. I'm still hoping for an "honest opinion" board somewhere...Let's call it a "consumer reviews" page? Anyone happen across one when they were hunting?