"Natural cycle" v. IVF with BCP lead in?

iVillage Member
"Natural cycle" v. IVF with BCP lead in?
Sat, 07-12-2003 - 10:09am
Hello ladies. I am 31, DH 34, infertility secondary to CAVD. IVF Cycle 1 was 01-01, with pg then m/c, Cycle 2 was 05-01 with pg and term pg (DD is now 18 months!). We are now facing Cycle 3 and I was doing BCP lead in, then broke thru with bleeding on day 14. Now, my RE has stopped the BCP, is waiting for my natural AF to begin and we will then resume. Only, this time, she is not going to use BCP....she says it is called a "natural cycle" (ha ha!). I haven't ever heard of anyone NOT using BCP prior to an IVF cycle. I guess once AF arrives, I will begin injections on Day 3. Has anyone heard of this or experienced this?

I would love to know your experiences. Thanks.

Alison
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-12-2003 - 11:11am
Hi Alison, I'm 31 and this was my first IVF and I'm pregnant. I had a positive pg test on Monday the 7th. When we first started with IVF I also had to be on BCP, just because my husband and I have never used kind of (bc), so my doctor put me on a month of (bc) so my period could be regulated so, when I had my period it only lasted for (2) days which was good my doctor said. So, I do believe that it works.

Alison, just keep you head up and think postitive. Things will happen for you! I will be praying for you and your husband.

Good Luck

Evelyn