Anyone going through a Thaw Cycle?

iVillage Member
Anyone going through a Thaw Cycle?
Fri, 07-18-2003 - 6:01pm
Hello,

I went through IVF 3 years ago and received one DS the first time around. We have been trying again on our own but have been unsuccessful. My cycles are all over the place. I am taking Estrace and wearing Estradial patches. No real side effects yet. My transfer is scheduled for 7/27.

Heather

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-21-2003 - 1:25pm
Heather,

I just finished an unfortunately unsuccessful cycle in June. They transfered 4 out of 7 embyos. Luckily, we do have 3 frozen to try again in Sept. The Doc has given me the protocol but I don't start on the Lupron ( and then Estrace) until end of August. This does seem to take longer. Is this your first try? Are there any possible complications with the meds I should know about? I am a little apprehensive about success of viable embryos after being frozen, but I have to be positive and keep the faith that it'll work. I'd love to hear about what you are going through and be additional support to you. Information about your cycle (the drugs, treatment) and how your feeling would be great. Good luck. And Baby Dust (and prayers) to you.

Virginia