Anyone doing IVF with ICSI?

iVillage Member
Anyone doing IVF with ICSI?
Thu, 07-24-2003 - 4:55am
Such as for male factor infertility??

We are considering this option as DH has a very low sperm count. We have been TTC for almost a year and were told that our chance of conceiving the natural way are about 1% in a year. So DH wants to wait another 6 months, "just in case" we get a miracle.

So in the next 6 months we will use the time to learn more about the procedure.

If any of you have done the ICSI procedure - what meds do you take (male and female), do you know about problems with ICSI, birth abnormalities etc? If the female is fertile (we hope so anyway!) does it have a good chance of success??

Replies much appreciated! and good luck in your IVF journeys...

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-24-2003 - 10:49am
my husband and I did ivf with icsi, i just found out yesterday that we are pregnant! The put three embryos in me and so I wait for another 2.5 weeks before I will find out how many took...good luck, my husband didnt have to take any meds, and I took the same ones everyone with ivf does....if thre is anything else you want to ask, feel free...
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-24-2003 - 4:12pm
We are doing IVF with ICSI this month. My husband also has a low sperm count. I am taking bcp for 2 weeks and will then take the stimulation drugs. My husband will not take any drugs. Good luck to you. Hope you get lucky!

Lea

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 1:38pm
Hi, I'm Andrea and we are doing IVF #1 this next month. We are doing ICSI. We do not have male factor infertility - but because of my age (38) and we've done 3 injectible IUI cycles, 2 surgeries to fix a septate uterus (remove some mild endo & fibroid tumor as well), 4 cycles of clomid - my RE wants to be agressive and do ICSI so we don't lose a cycle if there are fertilization problems - so our reason for doing it is different than others.

I'm doing lupron, repronex, bravelle and then antibiotics for a while, then progesterone & a few days of prednisone after the transfer.

Let me know if I can answer any further questions for you..........

Andrea

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-26-2003 - 8:15am
hi I am doing my first IVF with ICSI (transfer today)

We took Lupron, Gonal F Amoxicillin and Medrol post transfer.

We also are doing the PGD pre transfer testing for chromosonal abnormalities.

This is our 3rd IVF and we have our fingers crossed. The med routine was similar to the previos IVF cycles.

Hope this is helpful

Karen

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-26-2003 - 11:21pm
We did IVF with ICSI, and now I am 6 weeks pregnant. I take all the regular IVF drugs and like usual my DH has the easy part. I have read that there is a slight chance of damaging the embro with ICSI, but for us it was the only way were IVF was going to work and the chance of a baby was worth the risk