Need your opinion

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-26-2003
Need your opinion
Sat, 07-26-2003 - 10:49pm
Hi, I am new to this board (I post on the IUI board). I've done 2 IUIs with tablets, and 1 IUI with injectibles, obviously unsuccesful. After my first (and last so far) injectible cycle I ended up with cyst where all of my follies have been (3 on each side), and been forced to go on BCP. I've been on BCP for 5 weeks now, as my clinic was closed for 2 weeks, and I didn't want to lose 2 cycles. The clinic reopens on Monday, and we are seriously considering moving to IVF right away. I am 34, the only dx so far has been mild male factor. I got pg naturaly in 2000 byt m/c at 9 weeks, and nothing happened ever since.

My questions are:

Do you think it is too early to move to IVF, my RE suggested 2 more IUI/injectible cycles, but this was before I had the cysts, and also I am scared of more than 2 multiples?

Do you think it is feasible for me to start IVF cycle right away (I understand you have to be on BCP before the stims. I've been on the BCP for 5 weeks now, and I hope I can move to stims right away after AF starts) or do I need any other preparation?

What made you decide to move to IVF vs. other treatments?

I have a lot of doubts about what to do. My work is very slow during the summer, so I could easily take all the time I need for my appointments; it gets hectic again in October., But then I feel again that perhaps I haven't tried enough of IUIs. I'll talk to my RE on Monday to see what he thinks (if I am lucky to catch him on his 1st day back...), but I would love to hear any of your opinions.

Kasia