Question about timing

iVillage Member
Question about timing
Sun, 08-03-2003 - 4:09pm
I am Tracey(32) DH(36). We have been TTC "loosely" for about 7 years but only active with RE for 1 year. We have had 4 failed Clomid/IUI cycles and 2 failed Gonal-F/IUI cycles. I have had a LAP where they found pelvic adhesions which were removed, but could be back. The adhesions closed my left tube, so I'm on to IVF. I also had a Clomid Challenge where everything came back fine. I am starting my first cycle of IVF. I started my Lupron on cd21 last Wednesday (7/30). I'm taking the 10 units/day until I get AF (sometime over the next week) at which time I'll reduce to 5 units, plus Gonal-F. What is the typical retrieval timeframe? Is it close to mid-cycle or later? If anyone can provide their personal experiences, I would greatly appreciate it!

TIA,

Tracey

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-03-2003 - 7:20pm
Hi Tracey,

I am doing my 1st IVF cycle as well, and I started Lupron last Tuesday, so looks like we are very close in terms of timing. One thing that seems different - I don't expect AF to show for a while, I'll be doing Lupron for 14 days, and my RE didn't say anything about AF coming. After I am done with Lupron I'll be starting the stims (either Puregon or Gonal F) for approx. anoter 2 weeks (depending on my response), and then I'll have my retrieval. I am curous about AF, did your RE tell you to expect it or is it just your assumption?

Perhaps we can be cycle buddies? How are you doing on Lupron? I am getting headaches, buh they are not too bad, however noticeable. Otherwise I am fine (I guess I got used to doing injections during my last IUI cycle).

Looking forward to hear from you!

Kasia

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-03-2003 - 10:06pm
Kasia,

Yes, my RE did tell me I'd get AF. Basically, I started the Lupron on cd21 of the cycle prior to the IVF cycle. They told me I'd get AF at which point I'd reduce to 5 units of Lupron and start Gonal-F somewhere around cd2. The Lupron has been a breeze for me. I love the way it comes all mixed with the syringes - so easy. I'm told that when I start my Gonal-F I can just mix it with my Lupron so I'll only have 1 shot. I'm glad to have a cycle buddy, especially since this is both our first cycle!

Tracey

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-03-2003 - 10:28pm
You got me wondering now... I am leaving on vacations tomorrow (out of the country), and I was sure I won't be seeing AF this cycle. I was on BCP for 3 weeks before starting Lupron (and had to continue taking them for another week together with Lupron), so it might be different for me. I know I'll freak if AF shows, as I wasn't warned about it, but at least now I know it can happen...

I'll be back in a week, and will be checking-in in the meantime.

Kasia