Any one using Shady Grove Shared Risk

iVillage Member
Any one using Shady Grove Shared Risk
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 9:26am
Just seeing if anyone else is using this program.
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-07-2003 - 12:33pm
Denise,

Where do you live? I am going to Shady Grove this October (maryland).

--Amy

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-08-2003 - 5:44pm
We live in Maryland, just outside of Baltimore. We have a follow up appt on 9/4 for our second IVF. We decided to try the Shared Risk this time.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-11-2003 - 7:29am
Deniseornduff,

Hi! I hope you don't mind but I am going to ask you a few questions. What fertility clinic are you going to? I am going to the one in Annapolis. My Doctor will be Dr. Gilbert Mottla. Our first consultation isn't until October....can you believe that so far away :-( How long have you been trying? Age?

A little bit about myself.....

My husband and I have been trying for 8 months.....I am 24 husband is 32 and he has a 6 year old from a previous relationship. About 4 years ago (before we met) he ended up getting a vasectomy. Then we met (3 years ago) and he got it reversed. He only had his vasectomy for over a year. I also have a problem. I don't ovulate every month so my doctor put me on clomid. Well we just found out 2 weeks ago that my husband has no sperm that the vasectomy did not work. From reading all sites regarding IVF and the ICSI I am sure the doctor will take that route. How was the procedure and how long did it take from your day 1 consultation to start trying?

Any insite to this will hopefully ease my mind. I haven't been able to sleep a wink since I found out all this. Its driving me crazy. Just the fact of me not being able to have children.......I just hope that he has sperm in his testicles (sorry so graphic) if he produced one child he should....i would think........

If you would like to email me feel free.... amy.mclean@veridian.com

Good luck and let me know how things go.

Thanks! Hope you don't mind all the questions