IVF & Exercise

iVillage Member
IVF & Exercise
Wed, 08-06-2003 - 5:17pm
My IVF clinic said it was okay to workout at the gym while taking the Lupron injections up to 2 days after I start the Pergonal injections which will be later next week. I talked to someone else who is doing an IVF cycle and their clinic told her no exercise at all during the entire cycle. Does anyone have some reliable information about whether or not it's okay to exercise during the IVF cycle, especially during the beginning, before my ovaries begin to really swell? I don't want to take any stupid chances but exercise really helps reduce some stress.

Thanks

Sue

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-08-2003 - 5:48am
Hi Sue,

When we went through the cycle, my doctor told me that mild exercise was all I should try to do, such as walking or swimming. Nothing like aerobics, running, weight training, stuff like that.

Jodie

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-08-2003 - 10:05am
My RE & Nurse gave me written instructions for the cycle and the only mention about no exercise starts after the egg retrieval - through the PG test.

Andrea

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-11-2003 - 11:36pm
My RE said the same thing as Andrea - that exercise is fine as long as it's comfortable, up to r/t, then no exercise until beta test. I play tennis which is relatively high impact so I called to confirm and the nurse said I'm fine to play now until r/t.