board graduate with ? for a friend

iVillage Member
board graduate with ? for a friend
Mon, 08-11-2003 - 1:01pm
I used to frequent this board and left once I finally conceived. I wonder if I might again take advantage of all your experience and insight.

A friend who lives in Europe (dh is American) is looking to come to the US for IVF/ICSI. Since I only have experience with one clinic (in Texas), I thought I'd ask you all for help.

She wants to know if prices she was quoted by St. Barnabas in NJ are reasonable(they seemed VERY high from me). She'd especially appreciate feedback from St. Barnabas patients or opinions about other leading clinics in the US:

-about 9.080 US $ for an ordinary IVF,

-plus an additional 6.000-9.000 $ (????) for an initial consultation,

anesthesia (for the egg-retrieval?) plus hormone-treatment for the woman (???)

- plus an additional 2.500 $ for ICSI-procedure

- plus an additional 2.500 $ for PGD (preimplantation genetic

diagnosis).

Thanks,

Amy (32) and Maddy 6 1/2 months (conceived after 3 failed Iui's and one SUCCESSFUL IVF/ICSI--hooray!)

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-12-2003 - 8:30am
Hi Amy,

I live right by St Barnabas but am going through IVF#2 at a clinic in NYC, Columbia University Center for Women's Reproduction. The prices are quite similar between the 2 clinics. I am paying $10,600 for IVF/ICSI combined + the meds are about $5,000 (only $80 for us due to prescription plan, yeah!!). I don't know how much PGD is, I didn't have it. So it seems the prices quoted by St Barnabas are about the norm for this area. If, I mean when, I do become pregnant, I plan on giving birth at St Barnabas. I have seen the IVF doctors from St Barnabas on different shows including NOVA though I think I read that several of the leading doctors have left and now work at a clinic in Morristown, NJ.

Sue

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-12-2003 - 9:35am
Amy-

Our cost for IVF w/ ICSI was about 12,000 for one complete cycle ( including meds). This was for everything initial consult, pre-screening lab tests for both of us, mutiple scans and blood draws, egg retrieval, and embryo transfer. We are in Iowa.

Tracy

EDD 3-18-04 with twins
Image hosted by Photobucket.combaby