IVF Delayed - Cysts ?

iVillage Member
IVF Delayed - Cysts ?
Thu, 08-21-2003 - 11:30pm
Hi

I went for my sono today and mock transfer. I was scheduled to start Lupron on Sat and for ret/trans mid Sept. During the sono Dr found two cysts on my rt ovary. He said that these are normal and will probably absorb themselves but he will not proceed with the cycle while the cysts are present. He wants me to come back after next O and try again to start Lupron 7 days after O as long as the cysts are no longer present. He says that they should be gone by them.

Has anyone else had this?

Dani

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-22-2003 - 7:15pm
Dani,

I am sorry for the news. I was in a similar situation after my prior injectible/IUI cycle - I ended up with cysts (3 on each side, where all of my eggs have been...), and I had to go on BCP for 3 weeks. It was then that we decided to switch to IVF (for various reasons). So as much as it is frustrating, don't worry, it happens to all of us. Try to enjoy your "time off" as much as you can.

Kasia

Kasia (34), DH (34) TTC #1 since m/c in 2000 2 IUI/Letrozole
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-09-2003 - 8:48pm
I had the same problem. I went in for my Lupron sono and the RE found 1 cyst. That was on a Friday 8/29. He said he wouldn't see me for another week. And that sometimes the cysts won't go away for up to 3 weeks! On that next Sunday I started spotting. I thought it was a little weird. When it didn't go away for 2 days, I called my RE. He said he wanted to see me right away because it might be the cyst dissolving. So I went in on Wednesday and low and behold the cyst was gone. I started Lupron on Wednesday. I should start Gonal-f this coming Sunday 9/14. I just can't wait to get started! Good luck to you! I hope you cysts are gone now...
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-05-2003 - 9:34pm
Hi!

I went through the same thing! I had a cyst on my ovary which my Doc decided to delay the cycle's start to see if it would diminish. 3 days later, it didn't, so he scheduled a cyst aspiration...painful, by the way! I'm awfully glad we did that though. Hope yours go away!

Diane