Seeking Pregnancy Buddies (DD 11/11/10)

iVillage Member
Seeking Pregnancy Buddies (DD 11/11/10)
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 12:29pm

Hi ladies,

We have been TTC for 4 years naturally and with fertility assistance, had a failed IVF a year ago and just did a transfer with 2 donor eggs on 3/26.

Just found out we are pregnant yesterday which was 10dp5dt with an hcg level of 437. The doctor said that it could very well be twins based on the levels so early on. We'll get a better idea tomorrow.

Right now, I'm happy and still in disbelief. I'm also just a little sad that it couldn't be my own baby. But, I'm thrilled to finally get to be a mom. I don't have a mother (she's alive just absent) to share this experience with. I'm an older mom (43) but we have a lot of longevity genes in both sides of our family.

My husband and I make a strong effort to eat organic, we grow our own veggies and buy organically. He also hunts and fishes for only what we eat. We don't buy commercial meat. I can our own food and cook a lot. We are both professionals, I'm a former HR executive turned software developer turned life coach. My husband works in the green energy field.

We plan on sticking to organic products for the kid, including clothes, and making our own baby food. Depending on how many we are expecting, we would love to do a home birth, but with my age, we are being flexible about that.

We have three adorable bichon mixes that are permanent residents leftover from our days running a successful dog rescue.

I have wonderfully supportive friends, but none who are in the same boat. Would love a few gals to be pregnancy buddies during this crazy ride to share symptoms, experiences, and healthy eating and shopping tips. Anyone out there with the same concerns during pregnancy? Location not an issue.

Mena

San Diego, CA
Mena (43) with husband Todd (42) TTC 4 years. 3 Furkids: Jake, Lucy and Joey. All rescued Bichons and Bichon mixes. San Diego, CA
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 1:57pm

Congratulations Mena!