Let’s talk linings…

iVillage Member
Let’s talk linings…
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 5:23pm

Hi Everyone.   Today is cycle day 9 for my FET and I had my u/s this morning. My lining measured 5.5.  They just called to tell me my blood work was fantastic but they needed to add 200 IU of Vitamin E 3x a day because my lining was on the thin side. They said no big deal and that we are going ahead as planned for the transfer next Thursday. After I got off the phone with her I rushed to the store to get the E but I started to really panic about this. Since we are paying out of pocket and just experienced our first failed IVF last month I do NOT want to have the transfer unless everything is perfect, I don't want to waste my money or my totcycles on another failed cycle if it can be prevented!! It really bothers me that they don't want to check me before the transfer to make sure the vitamin E helped.  I called her back and she reassured me that all is ok but they will let me come in on Wednesday for a u/s and we can talk about everything then. I did acupuncture last cycle and now I'm freaking out that maybe I should have done it with this cycle but since it didn't relax me and seemingly it didn't work I thought I would skip it and save the money. Last month my lining was never an issue and I don't remember even talking about it with my RE but I was hoping maybe some of you would remember and could share your numbers and lining stories with me.

Thanks!!!!

Kristy 32 & Healthy
DH 37 w/Horrible sperm (very low concentration with low motility, 0 morphology)
Married since 11/08 TTC since 12/08.

IVF#1 Feb 2010 Lupron 1/27, Stims 2/3, ER 2/13 (35 Eggs/29 Embryos), 5dt 2 Blastocysts on 2/18. 18 made it to Freeze. BFN

FET#1 March 18th, 2:00pm. Estrogen started 3/4 & progesterone 2x a day starting 3/12.
Kristy 33 & Healthy

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 5:46pm

I am surprised they do not want to check it again...as well as bloodwork again before the FET. I have never had a FET cycle so it may vary some, but why not be sure? Are they thinking maybe you would not want to pay for another US? I would call your RE office and tell them your concerns. Tell them one more US would calm your fears. Why not get the US the day before they have to commit to the "thaw" of embies?

Just my 2 cents. best of luck

Jen

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 6:07pm

I KNOW!!! Its so weird! They told me from the beginning that they will only see me once during this cycle and that was today so I assume this is how they normally do a FET. As far as paying for another u/s, that is the only thing my insurance WILL pay for! I am going in on Wednesday to see if the vitamin E worked, I think I may cancel my own cycle if the numbers are below at least a 7 or 8.

Thanks Jen!!!

Kristy 32 & Healthy

IVF#1 Feb 2010 Lupron 1/27, Stims 2/3,
Kristy 33 & Healthy

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 7:40pm

Hello!

TTC a Miracle

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-12-2010 - 7:14pm

Hi Miracle. In all the research we have done my cycle should be canceled with a lining

Kristy 33 & Healthy