IVF # 1 = BFN

iVillage Member
IVF # 1 = BFN
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 6:53am

I started spotting on Monday, so it has been no surprise to get a BFN.

I tested at home this morning, so we already knew (well, we knew anyway), and the hospital confirmed it.

We now need to wait for a follow up appointment to discuss.....
the nurse couldn't make us one today bc the appointment clerks are on holiday as it's Good Friday, so they will post us one.

We don't have any frozen embryos as the one 'spare' stopped developing.

We have another NHS funded cycle that we can use, but i am concerned that if we only have 5 eggs again, then it will be the same outcome.

I know it's only 1 failure, but I'm wondering about auto-immune problems.

I suffered from colitis years ago and had my colon removed and an internal 'pouch' formed from my small intestine to take the place of my colon. As colitis is an auto-immune problem, I wonder if, even though I no longer have a colon for it to effect, if my body still has issues. Defo worth asking about I think. I don't want to 'waste' our next funded cycle, if having tests could help.

It seems that Liverpool Womens hospital have done some trials in 2005, albeit, for recurrent m/c. But at least it means they'll have heard of it :-)

Sorry I've been away from the board, I just needed some 'space' over the 2WW.

For my March buddies, I don't have it in me to go through the messages I've missed at the moment, but I am hoping that there have been some sucess stories. Congratulations if there are.
And if anyone else has had a BFN too, then I'm sorry {{hugs}}

Wishing everyone sucess.

Love and Hugs.

Julie x

Julie and Steven - TTC # 1 for over 2 years.

IVF  # 1 - March 2010
2 Embryos Transfered. No frosties = BFN

Photobucket

My IVF Blog: http://ivfblogger.blogspot.com/
My Twitter Page: http://twitter.com/IVFBlogger

Edited 4/2/2010 7:04 am ET by julieblueonyx

Julie and Steven - TTC # 1 for over 2 years.

IVF  # 1 - Marc

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 8:00am
I'm so sorry Julie!! Take care and good luck in the future!!
Kristy 32 & Healthy
DH 37 w/Horrible sperm (very low concentration with low motility, 0 morphology)
Married since 11/08 TTC since 12/08.

IVF#1 Feb 2010 Lupron 1/27, Stims 2/3,
Kristy 33 & Healthy
DH 37 w/Horrible sperm (very low concentration with low motility, 0 morphology)
Married since 11/08 TTC since 12/08.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 9:41am
I'm so sorry, Julie. If it's any comfort, my first IVF I had only 3 eggs (BFN) and with some changes to protocol my doctor was able to double that to 6 eggs for the 2nd IVF. Though 6 isn't a huge number, it was enough for us to get a sticky bean, even at my age of 39.

Lara

My blog: http://peanutnoodle.blogspot.com

Age: 39, DH: 39 | TTC since January 2007. Read my TTC history.

DX: Graves disease, Stage IV endo, DOR

IVF #3 12/09 - 150
L.ara
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 10:03am
Julie - Sorry for your BFN. I know it isn't easy to take and also realize reading the buddies thread is hard when it seems that everyone else is getting a positive. Like it was previously posted, a protocol change can help to improve your chances. Most RE's will tell you that the first cycle is kind of an experiment just to see how your body responds and the quality of the eggs. Lots of gals have to go through IVF at least twice before a BFP. Good Luck to you in the future.

CHRIS

----"Never give up on something that you can't stop thinking about every second of every day."----

Chris 

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 10:25am
Sorry Julie {{{HUGS}}}