Starting in May

iVillage Member
Starting in May
Sat, 04-24-2010 - 11:50am

Hi! I'm new to this board, but I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about my upcoming cycle in May and thought I could find some comfort here.

I am 33 years old and my husband (42) and I have recently decided that we want a baby. After I went off the pill, I wasn't ovulating and my period hardly ever came. I was diagnosed with PCOS.

I tried Follistim & Clomid, but the Doc said we couldn't do an IUI because my PCOS made my ovaries produce WAY too many follicles and I was at risk for 6, 7, 8, babies. He said IVF would be the best option for me.

I go in for a hysteroscopy on 4/30, and if all goes well I start Lupron 5/8. Then on to Menapur & Follistim at the end of the month.

I'm nervous about all of these injections, mixing, timing, etc. I know many of you have already gone through it and I was hoping to get some advice - and maybe offer some support to all of you too!

Thanks for reading.

Shannon

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-24-2010 - 2:07pm

welcome shannon! you've so come to the right place. this board was a huge support for me when i went thru IVF the first time around, and now i'm back for more LOL and hoping to cycle in may!!

it's definitely daunting, all the shots, appointments, and everything, but a strong support system and positive outlook will help you survive! i was loud about my IVF experience, and told everyone who would listen, because that was how i dealt with it.

my philosophy is this - i could have gotten pregnant how many times before i actually did, but i wouldn't have my precious noah. it would have been some other baby. i know that's not the most consoling thing at this point in your process, but i've had friends who've struggled and jumped through all these hoops to have a baby, and now can completely understand my point of view.

hang in there hun - we're all here for you!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
TTC #2
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-24-2010 - 9:59pm
Thanks Mindy! Your son is adorable! I hope I'll be as blessed. Good luck with your upcoming cycle and baby #2!!!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 10:06pm

hi shannon,
i found out today that i start lupron on 5/3, so we'll definitely be cycling together!! :) good luck with everything - you'll do great!

mindy

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
TTC #2
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-27-2010 - 6:27pm
It is all a bit overwelming, but this site really helped me.

&n