Considering 1st IVF

iVillage Member
Considering 1st IVF
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 1:03am
My name is Theresa and I am 26. I stumbled on this site tonight after surfing the web for infertility stuff. My husband and I have been TTC for four years now. Two years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS and last year we found out there is a male factor as well. My doctor said we could try other options, but IVF would be our best chance. Hopefully this summer I will have enough money to try a round of IVF. My husband and I have been together for 8 years and it is getting very old telling people that we want to wait a few more years for kids. I can't really talk to my family about it because all they say is "It will happen when it is supposed to happen." That's easy for them to say because I am the only person in my family with problems getting pregnant (We are Italian and have a huge family with lots of kids). I feel bad for my husband. We will be sitting in a restaurant and he will see someone with their kids and almost start to cry. So hopefully this will work. Fingers crossed. It breaks my heart reading everyone's stories and I hope that everyone gets their happy ending. I don't understand why this happens to some people.
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 1:54pm

Hi Theresa -

Welcome to the board.

Mommy to my angel, Logan born sleeping on 2.19.09 at 28 weeks. Trying to conceive our lil miracle for over 3 years. IVF #1 = chemical pregnancy. IVF #2 = cancelled, IVF#3 (Nov '10) = BFP, Beta #1- 86, Beta #2 - 244, Beta #3 - 777. First u/s at 6w5d
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 8:09pm
I am supposed to call the doctor's office in July to start my first cycle. The doctor is hoping to have me pregnant by October. I'm excited about it, but not looking forward to all the needles...