embryo adoption

iVillage Member
embryo adoption
Thu, 06-24-2010 - 7:40am

Hi girls.. i was just wondering if any of you have gotten a bfp with embryo adoption. Im thinking of going this route.. if so how many did you put back, at what day were they frozen and what did you end up with 1...2..?

thank you.

iVillage Member
In reply to: syme5
Thu, 06-24-2010 - 9:28pm

HI

I am in the 2ww with our second set of donated embryos. Keeping my fingers crossed. With our first set, the embryos were very weak, some only 2 celled. This time we have stronger embryos. Already a week has gone by and I am not sure anything has worked. With so many tries, I am almost scared to hope.

Best wishes!
Karly

Karly - 46/ DH - 47

Karly - 46/ DH - 47 Newly wed 3 years ago (1st time for both)

2 natural pregnancies ending in M

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-28-2010 - 2:10pm

Karly,
YEY!!! Congrats on being PUPO. Keep us posted.

CHRIS

----"Never give up on something that you can't stop thinking about every second of every day."----

Chris 

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-28-2010 - 5:09pm

HI!
Sad day today. I sort of knew the answer because on Friday I POAS and it was BFN. Today I had my first beta and the DR phoned about an hour ago to confirm that I am not pregnant. I guess this is the end of the line for me.

Better luck to all of the rest of you!
Karly

PS. Sometimes life just sucks..

Karly - 46/ DH - 47

Karly - 46/ DH - 47 Newly wed 3 years ago (1st time for both)

2 natural pregnancies ending in M

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-28-2010 - 5:47pm
Karly
yes life does suck sometimes. There is no way of sugar coating so many let downs. I feel for u. I'm pretty much in the same boat. So sorry that this one didn't work. Sending tons of ((HUGS)). Wish I could find that magic wand to get all of old timers a sticky BFP!!!

CHRIS

----"Never give up on something that you can't stop thinking about every second of every day."----

Chris 

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 1:18am

We got pregnant with adopted embryos. We transferred four triple A (the best quality) embryos and had a singleton. Good luck to you - our daughter is amazing and we feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to adopt and carry a pregnancy!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 1:19am
Hey Karly - I remember you from when we adopted our embryos - I think you were going through the same process. I am so sorry this cycle failed. The pain just seems neverending...
xo
Carrie

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket