Drugs ordered...but SCARED! Help!!

iVillage Member
Drugs ordered...but SCARED! Help!!
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 6:45pm

I feel like I want to CRY! Please help...

This morning I went in for an ultrasound to make sure I have no cyst, and to draw blood to confirm my numbers are where they need to be. Ultrasound came out fine, and this afternoon I received a call saying that it was okay to start the meds on Thursday morning. I will be on the antagonist protocol (150 units Menopur (am), 75 units Menopur (pm), 225 units Follistim (pm), Ganirelix, Ovidrel, Baby Asprin and of course Progesterone), and have been on Metformin for the past two months.

I decided to ask the nurse what my FSH was and she said, with hesitation the number was 16.4!!! OMG!!!!!! I went into shock. The last time we checked my FSH, a year ago, my number was 12.4! After I hung up with the nurse, I had a panic attack, and could barely breath. I am too scared to go through this again with that number. I started to call the pharmacy to pay for my meds, but could not allow myself to dial that number feeling the way I feel. I called the doctor back and he was so kind to talk to me. He said that it was completely up to me, and I was the boss and I did not have to go through it if I did not want to. But if we wanted to have a baby we should not wait. The number will not change. Even if it goes down he still has to go with the high FSH. He feels confident. I really like this doctor. He has never tried to sell me and has been patient and kind with myself and my DH.

Ladies, I need you! I have been away from this board for the past two years. I am so terrified. I need that push...I need the support. Would you do it? Am I being silly?

HELP!

Keesha

Proud mom of Trevor and loving wife to Luke

Me (32)
DH (28)
Laparascopy 11/27 found endometriosis and scarred, blocked fallopian tubes
Laparascopy 7/18 removed fallopian tubes and polyp from uterus
TTC #2 through IVF #1 in Oct/Nov
DS conceived naturally in middle 20's Started Lupron 11/5/08 10 units AF won't show up...Why? Cuz of Big Ole' Cyst! Cyst GONE! Started stims 11/29 ER 12/11 ET 12/13 :^( Out of 9 eggs 2 fertilized normally :^(  Beta 12/24
BFN

2nd IVF July 2010
150 units Menopur (am), 75 units Menopur (pm), 225 units Follistim (pm), Ganirelix, Ovidrel, Baby Asprin and of course Progesterone), and have been on Metformin for the past two months.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Keesha

Me (32)
DH (28)
Laparascopy 11/27 found endometriosis and scarred, blocked

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 7:09pm

Keesha -I was just thinking about you the other day. IMHO If you are this far you might as well try. What's the worse thing that can happen? Another BFN. We know we can eventually get over a BFN. Though each BFN seems to be harder and harder to get over. Start the stims and see what happens. If you don't respond well, cancel. You could save some $$ that way. It only takes one good egg. You know I am in the the same boat. Trying one last time but in my mind already moved forward to a life without kids. I just figured might as well try one last time, this way no regrets.

Keep us posted and Good Luck.

CHRIS

----"Never give up on something that you can't stop thinking about every second of every day."----

Chris 

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 10:16pm
You won't know unless you try, right? Looking at your meds, it doesn't seem like the doc has you on super high doses, so maybe it isn't as bad as you think!

Me-35 DH-37 Married since January 2009 and TTC our first child since then. Originally diagnosed with unexplained infertility. It has since been changed to unexplained ovarian dysfunction.

IUI #1: July 2009?-BFN - This was my best cycle to date. 50 Clomid, 4 follicles, RE thought might result in twins. This was before we figured out that I have crappy eggs.

IUI #2: November 2009?-BFN - Not as good as the other cycle, about the same results, same meds. Left ovary stops producing.

IVF #1: February 2010 - BIG BFN Left ovary did not produce anything. Started on 150 Follistim, bumped to 300 in later days. Did 150 Menopur and low dose of Lupron. 4 eggs retrieved and fertilized with ISCI. Two were degenerative and two were immature, so nothing to transfer. Pretty much devastated. Get the donor talk from RE. Told my chances for conceiving with my own eggs at about 15% with best case scenario (assuming any useable eggs).

IVF #2: May 2010-TBD Left ovary is working again. 300 Follistim, bumped to 450 Follistim in later days. 150 Menopur and low dose of Lupron. Hoping to get 7 follicles for retrieval and have one or two to work with. Retrieval 5/28 - Got three follicles, one fertilized and made it to day 5 blastocyst transfer. Transfer 6/2, BFP on 6/11, Beta 1 6/11 - 31, Beta 2 6/14 - 35, Beta 3 6/16 - 56, Beta 4 - 92, Beta 5 - 137. M/C at 6 weeks.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-30-2010 - 4:39pm

Keesha:

FSH is not the be all and end all of numbers and tests - it is just one.

Susan L.

Robert Edward Xavier Lin - Born July 31, 2010 at 5:56AM, 6 pounds 4 ounces and 19 inches long. He spent 2 weeks in the NICU but he's doing great now!
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 11:58pm
keesha, just wanted to wish you the best of luck.

JAN

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 12:10am

Awwww Jan! I was literally thinking of you the other day and wondering how those twins were doing! They are already a year old? Wow how time flies...fingers, toes and eyeballs crossed I will be joining you.

Take care:^)

Keesha

Me (32)
DH (28)
DS conceived naturally in middle 20's Started Lupron 11/5/08 10 units AF won't show up...Why? Cuz of Big Ole' Cyst! Cyst GONE! Started stims 11/29 ER 12/11 ET 12/13 :^( Out of 9 eggs 2 fertilized normally

Keesha

Me (32)
DH (28)

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 12:58am

children mentioned.

JAN

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 1:42pm

Oh Jan...they are perfect! Thanks so much for sharing pics!

I am hoping the antagonist will work with my eggie quality. I also lost weight and am now considered "normal" (I guess):) Will keep you updated.

Keesha

Me (32)
DH (28)
DS conceived naturally in middle 20's Started Lupron 11/5/08 10 units AF won't show up...Why? Cuz of Big Ole' Cyst! Cyst GONE! Started stims 11/29 ER 12/11 ET 12/13 :^( Out of 9 eggs 2 fertilized normally

Keesha

Me (32)
DH (28)