New to this

iVillage Member
New to this
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 7:01pm

Hey Ladies :)

I am new to the IVF world. My husband and I have been trying for 2 1/2 years for our first little one. We have been seeing a RE for a year a half and have done 3 IUI cycles (per insurance request). We had a ovarian cyst set us back 6 months but last Dec we had our first IUI which lead to a biochemical pregnancy. I have polycystic ovaires so often I will not get a period so in Jan when my period never came I went in to the clinic for provera labs only to discover that I was pregnant again. Well, we had the same end results... another biochemical (2 in 60 days). So after my body had some time to recover we just had 2 back to back IUI cycles (May and June) ending in BFN each time. I feel very fortunate to live in Massachusetts where most of the treatment is covered through insurance. We had to do 3 cycles of IUI before the RE could submit for IVF approval. So this is where I am now... we went yesterday (July15th) for our IVF consult. DH and I are traveling to Europe for a much needed vacation and hopefully when I get home all the paperwork will have gone through and we can start injections on the 14th of August. The RE gave me BCP and a list of instructions and medications that will be coming up next month. I have alot of mixed emotions and I am not sure that I am ready for this, but I guess we have to try all options.

iVillage Member
In reply to: jacmac1109
Sat, 07-17-2010 - 1:20pm

Hello there,

Welcome to the Board.

Chris

Me, 38, dh, 35

3 IUI's - BFN

IVF #1 - Jan '08 - BFP - beautiful baby boy born 10/10/08

IVF cycle #2 - TTC

iVillage Member
In reply to: jacmac1109
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 7:55pm

Well, welcome to the board and sorry to hear of all your bio chem pregnancies.

Mommy to my angel, Logan born sleeping on 2.19.09 at 28 weeks. Trying to conceive our lil miracle for over 3 years. IVF #1 = chemical pregnancy. IVF #2 = cancelled, IVF#3 (Nov '10) = BFP, Beta #1- 86, Beta #2 - 244, Beta #3 - 777. First u/s at 6w5d