New old gal here

iVillage Member
New old gal here
Sat, 07-17-2010 - 7:37pm

Hello Ladies!

I was on this board in late 2006/early 2007.  Through God's miracle and IVF, I gave birth to our daughter, Margaret (Maggie) on 9/24/07.  I can't believe she will be 3 years old in a few months! 

My name is Amy I am 40.  My DH, Kevin, is 39 (he doesn't let me forget he's younger by 6 months).  We decided to give IVF one more try and I began my cycle in early July.  Today I had my ER and they retrieved 8 eggs!  I won't know until tomorrow how many are mature though... I didn't do as well on the stims this time as last time, so I'm a bit worried.  I am optimistic though!  I think 8 eggs is an awesome number, but last time they retrieved 9 or 11 and I think most of those were mature.

We had been ttc, actively, since 2005.  Our first cycle diagnosis was MFI due to low sperm count/motility, and I had issues with high FSH.  This cycle has been different though.  When we both went for testing for this round, all my DH's numbers were all within the normal range.  All my numbers looked good too, except my FSH, which was a little high at 13.9 #I think#.  Anyway, I began stimming on 7/5 with menopur and bravelle and added ganirilex on the 6th day.  When I went for my US yesterday, only 4 eggs were mature and 2 others were at 14mm.  Today when they retrieved the eggs, they took 8, so I'm hoping that the 4 that aren't mature will grow, grow, grow!

That's my story so far... I will have (God willing) transfer on Tues and then the dreaded 2ww!  I am on vacation for those two weeks and my first day back at work is the day that I should have my blood test... I will probably have to wait until Wed morning to get my blood drawn, so I will have 2 week + 1 day wait!  Lol!!!!

I look forward to chatting with all of you and wish everyone good luck and sticky vibes!!!!

Amy S.

Amy-Oct07-1.jpg picture by MarieM414

http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/MarieM414/Amy-Oct07-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">

iVillage Member
In reply to: als695
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 5:02pm

Hi Amy - I wanted to which you tons of luck with this cycle!! 8 eggs is awesome for a 40yo so you should feel great.

I'm 39 and at my December IVF, they got 6 eggs (after a very long and drawn out 18 days of stimming). All 6 were mature, 5 of those fertilized (with ICSI), 4 made it to Day Three, 3 were graded as excellent, 2 initially implanted and I'm 33-weeks preggo with a healthy baby boy.

It only take one healthy eggie and starting off with 8, I think you're in great shape ;).

L.ara
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 4:46pm

Jill,

I'm wishing you great luck with the clomid!!!!!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 7:16pm

Hi Amy,

I am doing a Clomid challenge cycle this time with timed BD. Today I'm 1DPO. So, more than likely I hope to be in a cycle in August. BUT, we'll be on vacation the first week of August so that will probably disrupt everything as I wouldn't be able to do my blood work and US. Still hoping for a huge Clomid miracle this time. :)

I laughed so hard when I read that you wrote every little thing down last time in a journal but can't find it! Me too! I had a different computer then so I think it went bye-bye with the old one. Luckily I had a lot of my notes in FertilityFriend. Do you use that?

Anywho, here's hoping your transfer goes smoothly. I'll be looking for your update soon.
:) Jill

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2010 - 8:10am

Hi Jill,

Thank you for the good vibes and prayers!

I'm so sorry you haven't had success yet.

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-17-2010 - 8:46pm

Hi Amy,

I was on the board at that time too. My screen name was hopeful4one though. Somehow I lost that one. I'm 41 and still trying for numero uno after a long hiatus.

That's great you had your ER today. And 8 eggies retrieved is very good! I will pray that they grow! And, good luck on your ET on Tuesday. I'm sure it will go smoothly!

That's nice to be on vaca during your 2ww. I think that will be helpful. I will check back on your progress then!

Jill