ER/Transfer

iVillage Member
ER/Transfer
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 5:00pm

Hello!

I had my ER on Saturday morning.  They retrieved 8 eggs... which is a shock!  I thought they would get 4-6 only!  Of all the eggies, 6 were mature.  When the nurse called yesterday, she said all 6 fertilized and look normal!!! 

My transfer is tomorrow and I'm very excited to see how many of my little possibilities have made it.  I wish they would call me today and give me an update.

I had to go the doc's office this morning cuz I have pretty awful abdominal pain.  I woke up at 4am with it.  I called the office and they had me come in for an ultrasound.  As the tech put it, my ovaries are "chubby" but they don't think it's OHSS, but I'm not so sure.  I don't have the other symptoms, so maybe I am just really sore.  After my ER last time, I wasn't in any pain at all.  This pain hasn't gotten worse, but it hasn't gotten better either.  I have tylenol with codiene they gave me after ER and that really isn't doing anything.  I'm afraid that they will cancel my transfer.

I will sign in tomorrow and let y'all know how it goes!!!!

Amy

iVillage Member
In reply to: als695
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 8:36pm

Good luck Amy! During my last IVF cycle in March I had severe abdominal pain and swelling, etc.. my nurse thought maybe it was a touch of OHSS so I just stayed off my feet and drank enough Gatorade to fill a pool.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 11:00pm

Yay Amy!!!! That is awesome! 6 fertilized is so great! I sure hope your abdominal pains subside though. I will say a prayer for you on your transfer. I'm sure it will be fine. They will do everything they can to get those babies back inside of you so they can grow! Get some rest and drink lots of fluids.

:) Jill

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 9:19am

Hi Amy. I am new to the boards, but I wanted to take the time to wish you the best on your transfer tomorrow! I had mine last week and I hoping for the best. I know I wanted to know how my little embryos were doing each day, but I guess the lab likes to leave them alone as much as possible so they can do their thing. Anyway, I hope your feel better before tomorrow so you can have a smooth transfer. Too me the transfer for so monumental. It has so much meaning. Good luck and take care.

Abbie

The ticker URL: http://lbdf.lilypie.com/suiCm5.png
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 1:55pm

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes!