iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 2:51pm

Hiya! This is my first time here. We are just starting our first IVF cycle. Today was day 2. I had bloodwork and ultrasound this morning and started Lupron today. I've already been through all the previous testing prior to having unsuccessful IUI in May.

We are nervous, and excited. This is more then likely our only cycle we will be able to do. My friends and family don't know we are trying to conceive because it will make it harder if it isn't successful, having all the questions from them. But it is hard not having support going through this process.

I'm a Nanny of 4 year old Triplets and 2 1/2 year old twins. We really would like to have a family of our own :)

Any advice or help would be great. The process is quite confusing, and although at times it seems to drag on, other times it seems to go by quickly. Here's to hoping the time of all these injections goes quickly. I am not a big fan of needles!

Robin

Edited 7/27/2010 10:22 pm ET by nannytomommy

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: nannytomommy
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 3:33pm

Welcome Robin!

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 5:14pm

Hi Robin,

Welcome!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 11:00pm

Hi Amy! Oh my goodness. I am sure you are counting the minutes until you find out the news! How excited you must be! Please let you know what you find out :)

Thank you very much for your support. I am also very glad i have found this board. I have so many questions, and its good to see i'm not the only one! It's all new to me, but determined to remain positive and take one day at a time...giggles that sure does sound good doesn't it, too bad it isn't as easy following through :)

It's all going to be good :) Good luck, I'll keep you in my thoughts and add you to my prayers for that BFP!!!

Robin

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-28-2010 - 8:28am

Thanks Robin!

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-29-2010 - 4:20pm

Hi Robin, welcome to the board!

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-01-2010 - 11:37am

Hi, Robin. Looks like we're cycling around the same time. I just started with Gonal F yesterday. I'll be adding Luveris on Monday. I'm not a fan of needles either, so I'm grateful that the needles seem small so far.

I'm glad you found this group, because the more support you can get, the better. We didn't tell our friends and family at first, but we ended up slowly telling them and have been surprised at how many questions people _don't_ ask. So far, people have been great in respecting our privacy. They're just excited for us. A few times, I've had to say, "We don't really want to talk about why we have to do this," but then the person was respectful. I've also been surprised at how many of my friends and family already know people who have done IVF.

I hope everything goes well for you and a BFP is on the way!

:) Lynn

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-02-2010 - 1:20pm

Hi Lynn! How are things going? So far, things seem to be going okay here. Went for more blood work and ultrasound on Saturday. I have to go again Tomorrow (Tuesday.) I keep trying to "forget" about what we're doing, not to get my hopes up too high. But it isn't working :) It's exciting and scary at the same time. The unknown, but the possibilities!

Please keep me updated on how you are doing :)

Robin

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-02-2010 - 1:33pm

Hi Mandy! I replied to your post, but it doesn't look like it went through. How are things going? Have you started your BCP yet? I will be happy to support you through this journey :)

Please keep me posted. Good luck and have a great day :)

Robin :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-02-2010 - 1:50pm

Amy,

Only 2 days away! How exciting and nerve racking! Will you know the same day? Or does it take a day for the results? Still thinking of you here and keeping my fingers crossed :)

Think positive happy thoughts :)

Robin

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-02-2010 - 2:06pm

Hi Robin,

I can't wait until Wed!

Pages