Not good news here

iVillage Member
Not good news here
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 1:52pm

Yesterday went for US and BW. US showed it was go time! HCG shot Tuesday night ER Thursday Morning! Got me all excited and happy...THEN got a call in the afternoon and said, BW #'s weren't right... Do regular meds Tuesday night and Wednesday Morning, and back for US and BW Wednesday morning, but with the Dr. I asked why with the Dr and they told me not to worry, it's just routine. I didn't have a good feeling after that, and wanted to cry most of the night last night.

For some reason they haven't been able to get a good reading of my left ovary since my last IUI in May.

Went for my appointment this morning, and i was right. Dr said things didn't look good. They more then likely won't be able to get any of the follies from the left side, cuz they can't get to them. And the right side only has 3. Said there would only be about a 15% chance it would work. They are to call me this afternoon with my BW results, and said maybe we should just do another IUI, so at least we didn't spend all this money for not. UGHHHHHH

I can't understand why in May everything looked great, and we should have no problems, to this morning, they said this could be the end of the road for us. We could possibly try donor eggs, but right now just in a frazzled state of mind.

I've gotta keep myself "together" until 6:00 tonight, when done with work. Then i feel a meltdown on the way. I have been pretty calm and dealing with everything until now, pretty well. Today the roller coaster has dropped out from under me and i'm just feeling like a puddle!

Hope everyone else is having a better day :)

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 2:34pm

Hi Robin,

I will keep you in my prayers for a BFP from your IUI tomorrow!

I saw some other posts, and I think that, God forbid, this doesn't work, changing RE's would be a good idea.

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-07-2010 - 10:07pm

Hi, Robin. I'm so sorry to hear the IVF didn't work out, but I'm hoping the best for you with the IUI. Here's to you and your future family.

:) lynn

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 6:55pm
Keep your chin up, I know it doesn't seem like it but 15% is better than no chance.

Pages