Not good news here

iVillage Member
Not good news here
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 1:52pm

Yesterday went for US and BW. US showed it was go time! HCG shot Tuesday night ER Thursday Morning! Got me all excited and happy...THEN got a call in the afternoon and said, BW #'s weren't right... Do regular meds Tuesday night and Wednesday Morning, and back for US and BW Wednesday morning, but with the Dr. I asked why with the Dr and they told me not to worry, it's just routine. I didn't have a good feeling after that, and wanted to cry most of the night last night.

For some reason they haven't been able to get a good reading of my left ovary since my last IUI in May.

Went for my appointment this morning, and i was right. Dr said things didn't look good. They more then likely won't be able to get any of the follies from the left side, cuz they can't get to them. And the right side only has 3. Said there would only be about a 15% chance it would work. They are to call me this afternoon with my BW results, and said maybe we should just do another IUI, so at least we didn't spend all this money for not. UGHHHHHH

I can't understand why in May everything looked great, and we should have no problems, to this morning, they said this could be the end of the road for us. We could possibly try donor eggs, but right now just in a frazzled state of mind.

I've gotta keep myself "together" until 6:00 tonight, when done with work. Then i feel a meltdown on the way. I have been pretty calm and dealing with everything until now, pretty well. Today the roller coaster has dropped out from under me and i'm just feeling like a puddle!

Hope everyone else is having a better day :)

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 2:31pm

I'm so sorry you got that bad news!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 2:44pm

Fingers crossed for your IUI. If it doesn't work, your RE could change your protocol and you could have a lot better success next time around. This first cycle is kind of an experiment to see how your body responds.

Good Luck!

CHRIS

----"Never give up on something that you can't stop thinking about every second of every day."----

Chris 

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 6:30pm

So sorry things aren't working out for you!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 9:19am

I'm so sorry for your bad news... I'm going through my first IVF right now, that that's exactly what I'm most afraid of- getting to this point and having something unexpected happen! I've got two personal friends who have gone through IVF at different clinics, and all with different protocols, even though our challenges are similar. We've all had completely different responses too- Even with the best doctors, the 1st IVF is a "trial run" to see how your body responds and to have a good idea how to proceed if things go off-track. As much as we all want that BFP from 1st try, many times it takes two cycles of ivf to "tweak" things and get the right protocol. So try not to get too down- it's hard, I know, especially with all the meds messing with your hormones, but remember this is NOT the end of the road! Try to be patient, and I'll say an extra prayer for your BFP. Hugs!

Leah

Leah (33, DH- 33)
03/08- BFP w/ NO HELP, but m/c at 10 wks
3 IUIs- BFN
05/10- BFP w/ NO HELP, but chem preg at 4 wks
1st IVF in Aug. 2010- Fingers Crossed!
Leah (33, DH- 33)
3 IUIs- BFN
1st IVF in Aug. 2010- Ganirelex protocol
08/11- ER, 40 eggs! 29 mature, 26 fertilized!
Froze 14, 7 made it to blast, 2 t
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 1:58pm

Thank you very much. Had another US and BW today. Estrogen didn't go up enough. Going to have an IUI on Saturday morning. At least it is something, and haven't gone through all this to not try anything. Just hoping, praying, and keeping our fingers crossed.

Robin

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 2:02pm

Thank you very much. Did another US and bloodwork today. No chance of IVF, but going to try IUI on Saturday morning. Hoping, praying, and keeping fingers crossed it works. I asked about if it didn't work, would they change up the protocol and was told by the Nurse this morning all the meds work pretty much the same, and it wouldn't be likely they would change it up much for the next cycle.

We are considering changing RE's or at least getting a second opinion.

Robin

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 2:10pm

Thank you for your support and sharing what you have been through. It's not easy for sure.

IVF is now out for us, they are going to do an IUI Saturday morning. Hoping, praying, and keeping fingers crossed it works. Although will say it isn't easy trying to get a positive attitude back. Pretty disappointed, but guess that is all part of the process.

If it doesn't work, we may go for a 2nd opinion to another RE. I asked the nurse if they would change up the protocol if we tried again, and she said not really, each month is different.

Congratulations on being pregnant again :) Also, your little boy is adorable :)

Robin

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 2:15pm

Thank you so much for your encouragement and support. Good luck with your cycle! It's stressful for sure. I probably hit bottom so hard, because we were told going into our cycle everything looked good, and shouldn't be any complications etc. I thought, oh, ok, then i just have to get past this needle issue and life will be great. I've dealt with the needles, but the rest didn't fall into place.

Going to have an IUI Saturday morning. Just hoping, praying, keeping fingers crossed it works.

Good luck on your journey and keep me posted on how things are going.

Robin

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 2:45pm
Try to stay positive as much as you can, Robin... IUIs are very successful for many women- and we all know it only takes one egg and one sperm to make a baby! This weekend could be your lucky try! My fingers are crossed for you, Robin. Take care!
Leah (33, DH- 33)
3 IUIs- BFN
1st IVF in Aug. 2010- Fingers Crossed!
Leah (33, DH- 33)
3 IUIs- BFN
1st IVF in Aug. 2010- Ganirelex protocol
08/11- ER, 40 eggs! 29 mature, 26 fertilized!
Froze 14, 7 made it to blast, 2 t
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 11:00am

Yes, do get a second opinion!!!!!

Photobucket

Pages