Implanted 3 first Ivf cycle?

hfe
iVillage Member
Implanted 3 first Ivf cycle?
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 1:38pm
Hi I am new to the site and still not familiar with the fertility lingo. TTC 1.5. Stenotic cervix and AMH.8, blocked left fallopian tube that was unblocked by HSG. First IVf cycle is out of the way today we had 1 grade A embryo, one B and one B- all 8 cells. They told us to implant three and that was the standard. I am a little freaked. I had planned to do 2 but when they said 3 was the standard I didnt want to risk failing and blaming myself if it didnt take. Did I make the right choice. I am 36 DH 34. I would be blessed to have any children but the thought of triplets is overwhelming. Selective reduction would not be an option for us, just not in our hearts. I know I am jumping way ahead, this whole process has just been an emotional roller coaster. I know God want give me anything I cant handle. I just want feedback on what you have done or experienced. I am a patient of IVF of NJ
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-28-2010 - 2:57pm

my first and only cycle they implanted 3 embryos and i gave birth to a singleton in January.

I am 42.

best of luck to you!

hfe
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 7:20pm
Thanks For your reply. This is just a crazy ride. You just never know what is going to work and have to hope for the best and stay strong. I am on bed rest and in the 2WW. When I look at the odds they are very slim for triplets. At this point I am just praying for whatever comes my way. I will pray for the both of you. You get to this point (RE and the treatments) and you never imagine all the emotions, work, you go through. Its like one day you are filled with hope and the next you get news that takes it away as quick as it came. Then you dust yourself off and start again. At the end of the day lets hold on to hope. I decided I will be a mom somehow, hopefully this will be my chance but if not donor eggs or adoption are also possible to bring me the family we hope and pray for. Anything is possible!
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 2:47pm
The embryo's transferred sound awesome. 8-cells is what they look for on a day 3 embryo. As far as transferring 3 a lot of clinics will transfer 3 - 3 day embryo's if the patient is over 35. Yes, you could end up with triplets but I think the odds are pretty low. Good Luck to you!!

CHRIS

----"Never give up on something that you can't stop thinking about every second of every day."----

Chris