Starting IVF in Oct?

iVillage Member
Starting IVF in Oct?
Thu, 09-02-2010 - 11:34pm

Hi Ladies,

Well, the time has come...I'm excited and scared, but ready to be a mom more than anything. I'm probably a little early, but wanted to see if there were any potential cycle buddies out there yet. We are getting ready for IVF #1, I will be starting birth control pills later in Sept., probably doing ER at the end of Oct/beginning of Nov. In the meantime, I'm trying to lose a little weight, getting some exercise, and will hopefully be starting acupuncture soon. Here's hoping that IVF does the trick!

-Denise

Me (36), DH (40) - ttc#1 since 02/08

Seeing RE since 11/08, dx with "unexplained infertility."

2 failed cycles of clomid (12/08, 1/09)

02/09: IUI + femara = BFN

03/09: Femara + IUI on 3/22 + prometrium = BFN

04/09: Femara + IUI (week of 4/21) + prometrium = BFN

05/09: Femara + IUI (u/s and b/w on 5/22) = BFN

6/09: Follistim + HCG + Double IUIs + HCG booster= BFN

7/09: Cycle au naturale  + IUI (7/23) = BFN

8/09: Cycle au naturale; meeting with new RE on 8/19

9/09: Still on break

10/09: Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI; BFP on 11/9/09;  (beta 1-12dpIUI: 37; 14dpIUI: 79; 16dpIUI: 183); First U/S, 11/22 shows 1 gestational sac; 2nd u/s, 6w5days, fetal pole is small, no h/b; 3rd u/s on 12/9, no fetal pole, diagnosed blighted ovum; d &c on 12/18.

1/10: RE appt on 1/6, on break

2/10: break

3/10: break

4/10: planned to do IUI with follistim, cycle cancelled (4 follicles); changed REs

5/10: waiting for AF, decisions about testing and IUI vs. IVF

6/10: hysteroscopy on 6/4, all clear! IUI + Follistim and Ovidrel

Me (36), DH (41) - ttc#1 since 02/08

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 8:38pm

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for being MIA, I was on vacation and then work has been crazy since I've been back! Anyway, we had our IVF consult on Friday, started bcps on Sat., and will start Lupron on 10/12. Looks like ER/ET will be end of Oct/early Nov depending on when AF shows. I'm trying to take it one step at a time since I know that there can be unexpected twists and turns...easier said than done, right?!

I started back with acupuncture yesterday. I had tried it last year when we were doing IUIs with femara. No BFPs, and my acupuncturist was pregnant

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 8:44pm
Woo hoo! That's great news, especially given your previous experiences! Fingers crossed that these follies keep growing like they should and that your b/w is on track.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 8:56pm

I also posted under October Buddies because I didn't know this thread was started so, here I am now. I am doing a FET with my last two frozen embryos some time in October. We have been TTC our first child since 2005. We have tried IUI and IVF and we have had 3 m/c (one was a natural pg) so we've actually had "success" with all ways but so far no baby. So I am positive that this IS it for us. I know this is going to be my cycle!

We started this process a few weeks back but my lining was just not how my RE wanted it so we canceled. I have had two hysteroscopies in the last month in hopes of clearing up everything so I have a nice clean uterus for those embies to implant. :)

I started Estrace last Friday after my last hysteroscopy. I have my first u/s and b/w Monday October 4th. I tried acupuncture with my first IVF and we got pregnant but miscarried. My second try was with frozen embryos and no acupuncture and no BFP. I did acupuncture for the past 2 months for the cycle we started a few weeks back but not sure what to do now. My acupuncturist is actually leaving town Oct 5 to visit her daughter (who is having a baby) for 3 weeks so she will be gone for my transfer. I want to do the acupuncture but think maybe it's not meant to be, you know? the acupuncture is very relaxing and I've read a lot that it can really increase your odds with IVF so I would recommend everyone try it. It is not usually covered by insurance though and it can be expensive. I'm torn as to what to do but once I get the protocol from my RE tomorrow I am going to chat with my acupuncturist and see if she can maybe recommend someone else while she is gone.

anyway -sorry for the long post but I'm glad to be here. Good luck to us all!!

Carolyn
Starting Estrace for FET, first u/s 10/4.

Too many IUI’s, IVF’s and failed attempts to count.

TTC #1 since 2005

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-29-2010 - 9:41pm

Hi Everyone! I am quite nervous and excited. I've remained quiet during this cycle, since things have not gone so well in the past. BUT we have made it further than we have before! Tomorrow Morning, yes Thursday 9/30, I am going in for my first ER!! We have never made it this far in the process, without being canceled. So I am nervous and excited. I don't have a high number of follies, but hopefully there is the right egg to give us that little bundle of joy we so desire.

They will do ET on Sunday, since my RE only does 3 day transfers. It is so exciting, but so afraid to get my hopes up. Going to keep POSITIVE, POSITIVE, POSITIVE this time!

Well here's to ALL of us having amazing BFP's this month!

Robin

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-30-2010 - 12:42pm

GOOD LUCK, Robin!!!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-30-2010 - 9:53pm
Hello everyone!
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-01-2010 - 12:16pm

Good luck getting started kiitykatjen!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-01-2010 - 3:42pm
Wow! 34 follicles! that is awesome! Will they make you wait the full 6 days before the ER or will they maybe let you trigger earlier if the follies get a little bit bigger? It is very exciting that you've made it this far...stay positive!

Carolyn
Started Estrace 9/24. Waiting for U/S 10/4 to determine next step. Waiting to transfer our last 2 frozen embryos!

TTC 1st since 2005. Too many IUI’s, IVF’s and failed attempts to count.

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-01-2010 - 3:45pm

Sorry - I guess I should have read ahead before replying. I don't know because I don't have experience with this. I myself never produced a lot of follicles so I don't have first hand experience but I would hope they would just slow you down and maybe trigger you sooner than they thought since your uterus is obviously ready and you have some good size follies by now I'm sure. Keep us posted.

Good luck!

Carolyn

Started Estrace 9/24. U/S 10/4 to determine next steps. Waiting to transfer last two frozen embryos.

TTC #1 since 2005

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-01-2010 - 8:29pm

I wish I could answer your question, but my last IVF I didn't produce a ton of follicles (about 12) so I'm not sure how they would proceed in your case. Whatever happens, I'm praying and sending positive thoughts your way this weekend!! Keep us posted on what happens!

I start Lupron on Wednesday and am just really excited to get back into this. I know I shouldn't count on being as lucky this second time, so I'm trying to balance realism with optimism. I'm lucky beyond belief to have my beautiful son, but I'm hoping we can give him a sibling or two!

Hope everyone has a great and productive weekend! Baby dust!

Shannon T.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pages