Starting IVF in Oct?

iVillage Member
Starting IVF in Oct?
Thu, 09-02-2010 - 11:34pm

Hi Ladies,

Well, the time has come...I'm excited and scared, but ready to be a mom more than anything. I'm probably a little early, but wanted to see if there were any potential cycle buddies out there yet. We are getting ready for IVF #1, I will be starting birth control pills later in Sept., probably doing ER at the end of Oct/beginning of Nov. In the meantime, I'm trying to lose a little weight, getting some exercise, and will hopefully be starting acupuncture soon. Here's hoping that IVF does the trick!

-Denise

Me (36), DH (40) - ttc#1 since 02/08

Seeing RE since 11/08, dx with "unexplained infertility."

2 failed cycles of clomid (12/08, 1/09)

02/09: IUI + femara = BFN

03/09: Femara + IUI on 3/22 + prometrium = BFN

04/09: Femara + IUI (week of 4/21) + prometrium = BFN

05/09: Femara + IUI (u/s and b/w on 5/22) = BFN

6/09: Follistim + HCG + Double IUIs + HCG booster= BFN

7/09: Cycle au naturale  + IUI (7/23) = BFN

8/09: Cycle au naturale; meeting with new RE on 8/19

9/09: Still on break

10/09: Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI; BFP on 11/9/09;  (beta 1-12dpIUI: 37; 14dpIUI: 79; 16dpIUI: 183); First U/S, 11/22 shows 1 gestational sac; 2nd u/s, 6w5days, fetal pole is small, no h/b; 3rd u/s on 12/9, no fetal pole, diagnosed blighted ovum; d &c on 12/18.

1/10: RE appt on 1/6, on break

2/10: break

3/10: break

4/10: planned to do IUI with follistim, cycle cancelled (4 follicles); changed REs

5/10: waiting for AF, decisions about testing and IUI vs. IVF

6/10: hysteroscopy on 6/4, all clear! IUI + Follistim and Ovidrel

Me (36), DH (41) - ttc#1 since 02/08

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-01-2010 - 9:53pm

Hey Jenn, Its me Vicki. I know its been a long time, so I checked in on your progress since we were so connected in the first group, and so hopeful together for our first try. I am so happy to see that you are trudging along and still going. I have been doing natural right now as I have many new stresses in life right now and don't think its quite the right time. However, things should settle down within a few months and I will try again if nothing happens on my own. I am looking to start up again Dec/ Jan depending on cycles.

I wish you the best of luck with the next and hopefully the last try. If you don't mind, I will check in periodically to follow you. You are in my thoughts and prayers often. Good luck to you my friend!

Miscarriage Sept 2009
Miscarriage again January 2010
TTC for 1 year
1st IVF cycle this June ER 6/8 4 retrieved 3 mature and 2 fertilized. ET 6/11
6-23 BFP Neg
Trying Au Natural for a few months
Miscarriage Sept 2009
Miscarriage again January 2010
TTC for 1 year
1st IVF cycle this June ER 6/8 4 retrieved 3 mature and 2 fertilized. ET 6/11
6-23 BFP Neg
Trying Au Natural for a few months
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-06-2010 - 2:30pm

Hi Vicki - so good to hear from you. I am STILL trudging along, sadly. LOL.

Mommy to my angel, Logan born sleeping on 2.19.09 at 28 weeks. Trying to conceive our lil miracle for over 3 years. IVF #1 = chemical pregnancy. IVF #2 = cancelled, IVF#3 (Nov '10) = BFP, Beta #1- 86, Beta #2 - 244, Beta #3 - 777. First u/s at 6w5d
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-06-2010 - 7:37pm

just wanted to update - I am having a difficult time following this new board format.

went for my u/s monday and my lining is getting thick but we're not quite ready for transfer so the RE increased my Estrace dosage and I go back again Friday. She was expecting it to be this way after the surgery so I am not really that surprised and I am happy that this will possibly make the transfer date 10/15 which is a Friday and I will be able to relax over the weekend without taking off work which is great. So, anyway, that is what I'm doing.

What is everyone else up to these days? I feel like I'm lost since the boards have been down for awhile.

Carolyn

Too many IUI’s, IVF’s and failed attempts to count.

TTC #1 since 2005
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-08-2010 - 3:45pm
is anyone out there? what is going on with everyone? there hasn't been any activity on this discussion...is everyone still there? :)

I went for my follow up u/s today and it looks great! I start my PIO shots Sunday and the transfer is scheduled for Oct 15! So excited!
Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-09-2010 - 9:47pm
I signed on with Sept. buddies a while ago, but since I am still in the same cycle -- I started meds before AF-- and didn't post to Sept. again, I switched to Oct. discussion. So, have a daughter conceived through IVF in 2002 due to ex's low sperm count, divorced shortly after she was born, remarried a couple of years ago, and turns out dh has low sperm count again, so we are doing this again. We tried in Aug., transferred 4 embies that dr said were great, but none stuck, so we are trying again. I am doing a different (stronger) protocol this time, which included testosterone patches last week and larger doses of estrace and follistem. My signature should show more info. I just added it, so I hope it works.

So, wishing luck to all others cycling now. I'm thinking of trying accupuncture this time. Anyone have experience with that?

Either the follistem or the menapur is making me thirsty all the time, and my lips chapped. Anyone else have this problem? It isn't listed as a side effect in the info. that came with the meds. It may be related to the bloating -- water retention..
Brigid, 42 yrs. old, daughter born 2002, Pregnant! Due date Jan. 6, 2012 Son born Dec. 29! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-10-2010 - 8:05am

Hey Brigid!

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the Oct thread! I think there are several girls on this thread who will be going in for ER about the same time as you. I wanted to tell you that I have done acupuncture and I don't know if it works but I had my first IVF fresh cycle with it and got pregnant but miscarried. For our second transfer which was frozen we didn't do it and I didn't even get pregnant so we're doing it again for our third and final transfer so hopefully it will work. I know a lot of women on these boards swear by it and I can tell you that it is very helpful with the relaxation. This is a very stressful time and it is nice to have a way to relax. It isn't painful or anything so if you have the chance you might want to try it.

Good luck!

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-11-2010 - 4:21pm

HI All -

I'm here, just been silent as I've been waiting to begin.

Mommy to my angel, Logan born sleeping on 2.19.09 at 28 weeks. Trying to conceive our lil miracle for over 3 years. IVF #1 = chemical pregnancy. IVF #2 = cancelled, IVF#3 (Nov '10) = BFP, Beta #1- 86, Beta #2 - 244, Beta #3 - 777. First u/s at 6w5d
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-11-2010 - 5:16pm

I was noticing that this board is very quiet too. I need someone to wait with...I have my frozen transfer this Friday. I started my PIO last night and have a nice big bruise which has been killing me all day! DH needs to practice I guess because he used to be so good. ;)

I am so excited about this cycle. I thought I would be nervous because it's our last two but I am feeling really confident and positive. I just hope I can keep this attitude. :)

Let's hear from everyone please.

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-11-2010 - 8:24pm
Hi girls! Sorry, this new format really freaks me out so I've been lurking, but not posting too much. I started Lupon last week and have my baseline u/s and bloodwork on Thursday. Stims begin 10/18 (my birthday!!) and we're looking at ER around October 30 probably.

I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers and sending baby dust to you all! Let's get some summer babies in the works!! :)

Take care!
Shannon

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-11-2010 - 9:24pm

Hi Ladies!

I, too, am freaked out by this new format, I'm sure we'll get used to it, but I'm not liking it! I am plugging along on bcps, I start Lupron tomorrow, and finish bcps on Friday. I have been spotting for almost 3 weeks now...ugh. And moody, too...I'm sure that's only going to get worse, I've already warned DH ;)

I think I might be on track with some of you in terms of starting stims...I have to wait for AF after I finish bcps and that should help me figure out what the next few weeks will look like. I am still doing acupuncture which I love! I feel so good afterwards.

Hope you have a good one-

Denise

Me (36), DH (41) - ttc#1 since 02/08

Pages