Bleeding After Cervical Cautery.. HELP!

iVillage Member
Bleeding After Cervical Cautery.. HELP!
Tue, 03-24-2009 - 8:56am
Hi all,

I am very scared, any help here would be greatly appreciated… Saturday night I had sex with my fiance and while having sex, we noticed that I started bleeding heavily. I am not even close to my period either. I got very scared. The bleeding stopped the next day, but then I had pain in my abdomen and I was getting a grayish discharge. That continued into Monday (yesterday), so I decided to call my GYN. She saw me yesterday and said it was cervicitis. She used silver nitrate on my cervix and also gave me cleocin cream to use for 7 days. I used it for the first time last night, and woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I noticed that I started bleeding again badly, it looks like I have a period. I'm so scared and my dr doesn’t get in until early this afternoon. Has anyone here ever heard of this happening?? Bleeding after cautery with silver nitrate?? Is this normal??

Jacki

153.2 / 152.2 / 120

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-24-2009 - 9:21am

(((((HUGS!!!)))) You've really had a bad time of it lately, haven't you?

Here is what I found after a very quick web search, and yes, it sounds as though this bleeding after you procedure is to be expected. Good luck when you talk to your doctor today, take care and let me know how you are doing. I was thinking of you lately, in fact.

http://www.wehct.nhs.uk/index/ourservices/women/gynaecology/gynaecologyoutpatients/cervicalcautery.htm
dressing-gown

CL for Sexual Health

feet

Nothing in the real world is as beautiful as the illusions of a person about to lose consciousness – Haruki Murakami What I Talk About When I Talk About Running

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-24-2009 - 1:09pm

I just got a call back from my Dr. office.

Jacki

153.2 / 152.2 / 120

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-26-2009 - 9:17am
How did your appointment go? Are you feeling more reassured after having seen your doctor again?

Water lily sig

CL for Sexual Health

feet

Nothing in the real world is as beautiful as the illusions of a person about to lose consciousness – Haruki Murakami What I Talk About When I Talk About Running

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-26-2009 - 3:40pm

Hi,

Sorry I forgot to write back on here... Anyway, here's what happened...

I called the dr. and she said I would need to come back in and probably get cauterized again.

Jacki

153.2 / 152.2 / 120