Something VERY strange happened.....

iVillage Member
Something VERY strange happened.....
Tue, 05-18-2010 - 6:15pm

Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this but decided on this board. Sorry if this is TMI!

About a month ago and again a few nights ago I woke up in the middle of the night around 2am and found that my lower back/clitorus/legs had this tingling sensation.It kind of tickled...if that makes any sense.But the sensation wasn't constant it came in waves.It would happen,then go away for like 5 seconds then return.It was as if I was having a near constant orgasm...if that makes sense.It made me shudder,like when someone traces their finger down your back or something and you shudder.Thats what happened when the tingling occured. It wasn't painful or pleasurable,even though it was happening down below....it was mainly annoying.I wasn't able to fall back asleep.I figured maybe it was the way I was laying my circulation got cut off or something but no matter how I layed it still happened.I tried stretching,laying on my back,stomach and side and no matter what I did it wouldn't go away.It was sooooo weird.I layed in bed for hours wishing whatever it was would go away so I could go back to sleep but I would keep looking at the clock and hours ticked away.Finally I fell asleep at 6ish and got up at 7.The feeling was gone.But I have no idea what this was or what caused it.Like I said it was basically from my lower back down.The base of my spine where it meets my pelvis,thats where the tingling started and it would travel down the rest of my body.Like I also said I could feel it in my clitorus.

Weird right? Any thoughts because Iam stumped. I kind of thought maybe I subconsciously wanted sex and was just horny,but then realise that probably wasn't it lol.

Hollie

Hollie

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-19-2010 - 7:26am
Hi Hollie, and welcome to the board.

From what you have said, it sounds as though you could be experiencing what is known as Persistent Genital Arousal. Here are a couple of articles for you to read, and see if any of what is described sounds familiar to you.

Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder

Unexpected Orgasms

Don't worry, it wasn't too much information at all. Let me know if those articles have been helpful to you, and come back and talk about it, if you wish. I'll ask someone else to look in on this question, as well, because she has discussed this with me in the past.

Photobucket

Basking in the wonder of spring...

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 4:35pm
Hi Hollie,

Nenu asked me to look at your message because she suspected you may be exhibiting symptoms of persistent arousal, and I have a little experience with the topic.

A few years ago, I felt near-constant, insatiable arousal for better than a year. Nothing satisfied me for more than a few minutes. It was physically uncomfortable and emotionally stressful; something that is supposed to be enjoyable instead became, as you said, annoying. Furthermore, I felt isolated, as though I were the only woman to whom this had ever happened. That was before I found iVillage and discovered that a lot of women experience something very similar.

If persistent arousal is what's happening with you, I just want you to know you're not alone. Nenu has provided links to good information about how to cope with it. Additionally, I would strongly encourage you to mention your experiences to your doctor. It could be that your symptoms may be alleviated by physical therapy or other treatment, but only a doctor can say for sure. Also, the tingling you felt may be a clue to an underlying problem, but again, a doctor would need to determine that.

I wish you all the best.

divine.rapscallion

People seldom do what they believe in. They

do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

Ladies Lounge tag

divine.rapscallion
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 6:04am
Thank you for taking the time to reply and share your experience, Em. You're right to suggest Hollie see her doctor, since there could be an underlying cause to her symptoms.

Photobucket

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 10:07am
Thanks for the responses.I checked out that link, and to be honest I don't quite think thats what it was.I didn't feel aroused whatsoever,I didn't want sex or feel as though I needed to orgasm.The tingling was mainly in my lower back,at the top of my pelvis all the way across,it did radiate to down below and into my legs

Hollie

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 10:25am
Thanks for letting us know. Still, as Em suggested, I think that it wouldn't hurt if you talked to your doctor about this, since it has happened twice. He or she might be able to do some easy tests in the office, and also ask some questions, that could lead to explanations as to what happened. And certainly if it happens again, please see your doctor. Take care, Hollie. Thanks for coming by.

Photobucket

Photobucket

<