Sore Nipples. Pregnant?

iVillage Member
Sore Nipples. Pregnant?
Tue, 08-24-2010 - 8:14pm

My fiance and I had unprotected sex a few times last month right after my period had ended.
I am 6 days away from my scheduled cycle, but this is the first time that I am experiencing sore nipples that are hard as well.
I know this can also be a pre-menstrual symptom, but I have never had this as a pre-menstrual symptom.

I am having anxiety just thinking about the possibility of me bring pregnant.

Has anyone else experienced hard and sore nipples before their periods even though they have never had the symptoms before?

I know I should be patient and wait to see if I have a missed period, but I am just anxious and paranoid about being pregnant.

Any advice?

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 3:39am

Hi Jadyn, and welcome to the Sexual Health board.

If you're six days from when your period is normally expected, are you experiencing other signs of being pre-menstrual?

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 12:40pm

The only pre-menstrual symptoms I ever get are sensitive breasts for a few days before I start my period, but this is the first time my nipples feel a little harder than usual.

Other than that, I usually do not get any other pre-menstrual symptoms. The day I am going to get my period, I do experience cramping and lower back pain, but that always happens the day I get my period so that is not for another 6 days.