Got bad news...beta was negative

iVillage Member
Got bad news...beta was negative
Wed, 07-07-2004 - 4:38pm
I could tell by the tone of the nurse's voice that it was going to be bad news. This just sucks! I don't know how we'll try again, but we will. Maybe next time I will have better fertilization with ICSI. I just feel like I have thrown $10,000 in the toilet. It's one thing to know that you're not pg, but when you've spent that kind of money and you're not, it just makes it that much harder. Anyway, the RE is supposed to call in a few days to make a follow up appointment. I'll talk to you guys later. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.

Jenn

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2004 - 4:45pm
((((Jenn)))) I'm so, so sorry that you got such awful news. There are no words to make the pain go away. Just know that we are all here for you when you need us and we all understand what you are going through.

Sending you lots of healing vibes.

(hugs)

Michelle

Michelle

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2004 - 4:46pm
Jenn,

<<<<>>>>!!!

I am so sorry for the bad news. I know it's a personal defeat, but we all were hoping so much it would be positive.

I hope things will work out for you.

KellyC

kelly

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2004 - 5:04pm
I am so sorry for your very sad news. I hope that you feel the major comfort that everyone here is sending to you.

HUG

tiff

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2004 - 5:05pm
I sure agree with you that is sucks and I want you to know I am sorry about what your news is. I too just got my bad news on Sunday. I am here if you need to talk, the $$ aspect sickins me as its always been money we have had to take from something else just to try again only for it to be gone as well. Its very difficult. I am not as upset as I was 2 years ago that time for us was $12 000 this time was a fet and was only $800 none the less still upsetting. Did you think you might be PG? Did you have cramping? I personally wasnt' sure what to think and I was hoping hard but had lots of cramping after the transfer. AF still hasn't arrived and my mind keep playing tricks on me like what if they were wrong messed up the test? Not likely but that's what I keep dreaming. Take care and know I am here if you want to talk more.

Robin

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2004 - 5:13pm
Jenn,

I am so sorry about your loss, I'm sure that it will take you awhile to get past this but when your ready you will try again, wait and see what the RE says (not that anything will make it any easier) but maybe there is something that can be done next time.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you as always and whenever you are ready we are here.

((Hugs))

Kim

Siggie by Marie

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2004 - 5:22pm
Jenn,

I am very sorry to hear the news. Please try and keep your spirits up-I know this is easier said than done. Please take good care.

Sunny

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2004 - 5:32pm
Jen,

Sorry for your bad news. I know it stinks that we all spend so much $$ and nothing works. They don't even give half the money back. Just try to give yourself some time to heal. Easier said than done. I remember when I recieved my bad news I cried for 2 days but dear hubby kept me together.

SENDING GREAT BIG HUGS YOUR WAY((((((((JEN))))))))))))))))))))

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2004 - 5:41pm
Oh Jenn I am SO SO sorry!
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2004 - 5:57pm

(((Jen)))

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2004 - 6:49pm
The RE just called. He was very nice and sympathetic. He did say we should try again...he'd charge us $2000 (including ICSI) plus the cost of meds. So our next cycle would be about half price. I guess that's a positive thing. I do think a lot of our trouble was only having one (of our 13 mature eggs) fertilize and then not being able to make it to a 5 day transfer. Like my RE says, before the blastocyst you can't tell the good eggs from the bad. I also read somewhere that if the embryo doesn't make it to blast in the lab, then it's not going to make it to a pregnancy.

He said we could do an August cycle...We'd do the same meds. The only thing different would be that we'd do ICSI this time rather than try to let them fertilize on their own. Have any of you gone right into your next cycle? I don't want to do anything too soon, and risk having it canceled or something. What do you think?

Jenn

Pages