Found out a little more on protocol

iVillage Member
Found out a little more on protocol
Wed, 07-07-2004 - 11:53pm
Okay, so my RE went on vacation without writing my protocol. Not the best thing I could've heard today, but since I am only starting BCP for 15 days and RE will be back on Sunday, I am trying not to worry. I do have a tentative date for egg retrieval, and it is on Aug 6, my birthday! I think that is a good omen or good sign, so I am thinking positively. I can't wait until the 21st when I go in for my u/s.

Oh yeah, I got my E2 level and it was 32, d3FSH was only 8!!! I know that FSH is only as good as your highest FSH, but I haven't seen a normal number and this made me real happy to know that maybe the 12 is really the highest I have had!

THanks for listening.

MElissa

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-08-2004 - 1:34am
I think RET on your Bday is an excellent sign! Happy Birthday!

:)

tiff

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-08-2004 - 9:21am

Melissa - great levels! :)

I'm sure everything will workout fine and Monday is not that far way.

Yes, a very good omen.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-09-2004 - 4:33pm
Thanks you guys make me laugh and cry all at the same time!!

Melissa

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-09-2004 - 5:03pm
That's good thing, right?!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-09-2004 - 5:21pm
yeah, it's a good thing!!!!
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-11-2004 - 9:56pm
Melissa,

I am sooo jealous that you have started... So happy for you. I would like to hear more about your protocol since we go to the same practice, maybe some of my questions can be answered before my consult with Dr. Hubert.

So, why do you come out to Mugu (if you don't mind me asking)... most people don't come out here as there is nothing to do! I would love to set up a meeting or chat. I bought a book about IVF that has been really helpful but it doesn't replace real input. I have a ton of fears... Dr. Hubert guaranteed us that we would get pregnant if we went to IVF with ICSI... I don't know how smart a move that was because I am now really excited and positive...

Is this your first ever IVF cycle? Did you do IUI first? I notice you have a DS, how was he conceived? Did you consult other practices before deciding on Fertility and Surgical Associates?

Look forward to hearing from you...

Sara

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2004 - 9:59pm
Melissa,

Make sure you stay in touch with me b/c my egg retrieval is scheduled for Aug.5 so we are real close in schedule. This is premilinary dates. My U/S is not until 7/24. My seems a little late compared to yours. But eaach clinic has their own protocals so...

I start lupron Thursday depending on how my progesterone comes out that I took this evening. I will know tomorrow.

Good luck.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2004 - 12:45am
Good Luck to you too!! It's nice to know that someone else will be in roughly the same boat at about the same time.

As for the timing, my last cycle of repronex and IUI I had a lot of follies but they were a little slow in growing, I had to order some more meds to stim for a little longer. Maybe that is why mine seems longer than your protocol?

melissa

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2004 - 12:59am
Okay, I am going to try to answer all of your questions, Sara!

I am out at Mugu because I am an early intervention physical therapist and I have a few kiddos that I see on the base. Actually, I guess a bunch of people were abusing privileges of getting on the base because of some beach? Anyway, it has gotten alot harder to get on the base now and that is frustrating for me. But, I digress....

I have a wonderful ds that was conceived naturally after going off bcp for 2 weeks. He just turned 3 yo. I had 3 IUI's one with clomid, one with clomid and repronex, and one with only repronex. The first 2 resulted in pg, but I had to have a d and c with both due to missed m/c. We have been ttc#2 since ds was 6 months old, so that means 2 1/2 years, I guess.

As for FSAC, I was actually referred to Dr. B by my insurance. I had an initial consult that was covered 50% if I went to see him, so I did. We liked him and stuck with him. I didn't do any other consult because I had heard that the doctor in Ventura wasn't too good, and I knew it would be harder to get to Westlake to the other doctors (which I think is Huntington, right?)

Our infertility issue is borderline FSH. The highest I have had is 12 and Dr. B says with that # I will eventually have a successful pg (b/c I am only 33) but it might take some time. We are moving on to our first IVF because we want to increase those chances and are hoping to have no more m/c.

I guess we can email through our member profile and set up sometime to meet. It would be nice to meet someone else in person, that is going through the same thing.

Keep me posted, good luck with your consult. When is it?

melissa

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2004 - 1:17pm
Melissa,

I did one of those member profile emails. I am not sure if you know how to retrieve, so email me back if it worked!!!!

I am so excited for you... the IVF sounds promising.. that is my biggest fear.. achieving pregnancy but not achieving a live birth.

Let me know if you get my email!

Sara

Pages