Bad Day

iVillage Member
Bad Day
Wed, 07-27-2005 - 10:45pm

I went for my physical today. I had promised my doctor I would take care of this when I was done dealing with DH's cancer. She asked how he was, and I started to cry. So that's how my day started.

DH had a TON of medication at the house, and lots of medical parapernalia. So I decided to donate this stuff to his doctor's office. I wasn't prepared for how I would feel being there. The doctor's office is in the hospital complex where he spent a lot of time. Anyway, I took 3 bags of stuff into the doctor's office and gave it to the girl at the front desk. She asked if I wanted to see anyone in the back (doctors and nurses) and I was already starting to tear, so I said no, and turned around and left. Of course, I was full blown crying by the time I got back to the car. Then 10 minutes later my cell phone rang. I answered it and it was the girl at the front desk in the doctor's office. She said, "I need you to come back and get the medications - we can't accept them." HUH??? I told her to just throw them away. She said, "I can't do that, you have to come back." HUH??? I said, "What happens if I'm not coming back?" I mean, really, are they going to send the police to arrest me or something??? So finally she said she would throw them away, she would just have to "document it". Whatever. I was trying to do a nice thing. There was a period of time that my husband didn't have insurance. Some of the pills were antinausea medicines that were $600 for 3 pills... Somebody could have used that medicine. And that particular medicine was in sealed blister packs. UGH!

I ended my day at the dentist office to get a tooth pulled, where I got to have a fight with the nurses instead and left with the tooth still in my mouth...

Tomorrow will be a better day...

Maria

iVillage Member
In reply to: thek1dsm0m
Thu, 07-28-2005 - 12:31am

((((((((((((Maria )))))))))
Sorry you had a bad day. I don't know what else to say - just wanted to let you know
I'm glad you posted about your day- it's good to vent.

HUgs to you, Jenn

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-28-2005 - 7:04pm

What a kind and generous thought that was, Maria!

AcornLeaves
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-29-2005 - 12:56pm

Maria,

That does sound like a bad day. It is amazing how we cannot predict how we will feel in certain situations. I guess that is a good thing or we could become permanent couch potatoes. The important thing is that you did it, you felt it, you survived.

There are other situations that we can predict how we might feel so we avoid them. I have to say that I admit to this behavior myself. I guess it is when we are ready. We have all 'lost it' in certain public places I am sure. That might be a good discussion topic. I know I have.

I really liked how you ended your post "Tomorrow will be a better day.". That is a very positive attitude. There are very few certainties in life. One is that tomorrow is a new day.

I wish you all the strenght to get through the 'bad days'.

Nee Nee