Sudden passing of my Mom at 61

iVillage Member
Sudden passing of my Mom at 61
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 5:35pm

I suddenly lost my Mom on June28th she was 61.  I wanted to post here to communicate with others who are experiencing the same grief and emotions that I am at this heartbreaking time. The finality of her death came back around and smacked me in the face again.  From what I am told there will be lots of downs and bad days.  

Thanks for any words or suggestions anyone can offer based upon their own experience.

Sending everyone peaceful thoughts,

Lisa

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-16-2010 - 6:08pm

Hi Lisa:

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-17-2010 - 4:56pm

Hi Lisa,
I am so sorry for the loss of your mom.

Bereavement is more of a roller coaster ride than the genuine rides. It is full of sudden ups and downs. Some days you feel only slightly touched by your bereavement, other times you are on your knees unable to get up. And the range of emotions and feelings we go through. Shock, disbelief, bargaining, anger, sorrow, loneliness. So many.

You will come through this though. It will take some time but eventually we all reach a level of acceptance that enables us to move forward. We don't really get over it but we do cope better and are able to look to the future again.

Please come and talk with us. We can not change things but we can and do provide somewhere to offload to people who really do get what you are dealing with.

In gentleness

Promise

siggy by hubbswifey...Katie

Community Leader
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 2:21pm

~hugs~

I am so sorry for your Loss.

My beloved Mom passed away a very long time ago but I miss her still.

It is very hard in the beginning, like you I wanted to reach out to her, call her.

She was in her fifties and I am now fifty-two.

So many of my friends still have their Moms.

It brought my younger sister and I closer together because we are both Moms without our Mom.

Just know that you aren't ALONE.

<3

Nightangel
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 8:52pm

I am sorry for the loss of your Mother. I lost mine 7 years ago. It is so hard but especially when it is unexpected. To cope with the loss of my Mom, I have tried to remember the positive, the funny things she did, the laughs we shared and how much my Mom loved me. At the same time, in my case, I knew she was going to a place much better than this world where there is no pain or suffering. The peace

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 6:44pm

My thanks to all of you for the very kind words.