How y'all doing?

iVillage Member
How y'all doing?
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 12:10pm

~hug~. Hope everyone is doing as good as you can.

Promise

siggy by hubbswifey...Katie

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 6:02pm

Hi Promise, believe it or not I just found some old notes I had when I asked my Mom how her and Dad first met and some notes on when he was within 2 months of dying from cancer.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-05-2010 - 3:41pm

Hi Josie,

Being able to share our pain helps rob it of some of it's sting. Just being able to share memories, thoughts, impressions can often bring back a smile.

I wonder just how many memories get lost because we didn't ask about stuff when our loved ones were with us. You know I only have a few photographs of Luke. We never took many because we thought there would always be time. I have our wedding ones and a few others, a few his mom gave me of when he was a child .

I am doing ok thanks. A bit low because our vacation has ended and we had to say goodbye to our family and friends. The weather is changing too. Slowly, but getting more autumnal.

Promise

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-05-2010 - 4:39pm

HI Promise:

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-06-2010 - 3:37pm

Hi Josie,

the hug has such power to heal us. I guess the meltdown was needed so it probably get a bit more out of your system..

I think that what you were saying about your childhood not being what it should have been? That in a way is another bereavement you have suffered because you have lost what you perhaps should have had. Then your mom's passing on top of that made it a double bereavement. I am not sure I am explaining myself very clearly today.

Promise