endometriosis

iVillage Member
endometriosis
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 11:05am
Hi. I am new to this board. I was recently diagnosed with endometriosos and I was wondering if someone could help fill me in on the basics of this disease/disorder. My Dr. ordered me lupron but I called and cancelled the shot because I have heard so many bad things about it. I just started taking tri-cyclen, I have heard that can bring some relief. Also, I have more pain in my right upper quadrant than my pelvis. I have had many , many ultrasounds on my liver and gallbladder--everythings fine. I was wondering if anyone knows if endo tissue can adhere to organs that far up? This pain gets very bad during my period. Thanx for any response! Laurie
iVillage Member
In reply to: lala3666
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 1:11pm
Yes, endo can definitely adhere organs anywhere endo implants are located. It's VERY common and to be expected.

Hopefully the pill will help with your symptoms. I'm on Lupron presently and for me it's been absolute heaven! Of course everyone is different, but you should really take some of the information you read on the web with a grain of salt! Some of these sites are definitely litigation agenda based!

I'm in a rush right now, but I'll respond more later!

Again, welcome to the board!

Leisa

Leisa

aj34x44-_65-wgw0603.jpg picture by dannah