wierd cycle

iVillage Member
wierd cycle
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 9:48pm
i am 26 years old and up until i stopped being so active in sports i never really had a regular period. when i got prescribed birth control my periods regulated and i acctually for once in my life was able to predict my "time of the month". i am not as active in sports now, etc, etc...but just this month i had my period a week early. i was having some deep red/brown flow and i just thought it happened to have come a bit early this month...now about 10 days later i am still having my period. it is not heavy at all but enough to make me wonder what's up! i've taken an ept and clear blue test...no babies...

can anyone relate?? i'm super confused...and i HATE going to the doctor...i have no pain it just PLAIN ANNOYING>

iVillage Member
In reply to: kayleeaustyn
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:00am
You know...I was here to discuss almost the same thing. My period is differing in the fact that I've never really been all that active. I am overweight and I do workout 3 times a week. Anyway...mine is almost exactly the way you describe Kayleeaustyn. My period is still going since the 15th of march. We're past the 10 day mark now! Surely that's not right. My periods have been screwey for the past 4 months. I had 2 periods with a 45 day wait inbetween and then this last one came 15 days after the one before it. Something's up! Any insight????? I would've posted this on a new discussion...but it wouldn't let me! :( (27 y/o female here)
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:20pm
It could possibly be related to your pill, but regardless (even though you don't want to) you should see your gyn because whether it's the pill or not you probably should have a pelvic exam. There are numerous problems that can cause irregular bleeding. It really does sound like a pill thing though, and a simple change may do the trick.

Good luck!

Leisa

Leisa

aj34x44-_65-wgw0603.jpg picture by dannah

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:24pm
mcduenas, welcome! Are you on the pill? If so, then like I told the above poster your bleeding could be related to that. If not, then it could be caused from numerous things. Irregular bleeding is most often linked to a hormonal imbalance. So I'd suggest that you see your gyn to fnd out what's going on.

Good luck!

Leisa

Leisa

aj34x44-_65-wgw0603.jpg picture by dannah