frustration, std, or yeast infection?

iVillage Member
frustration, std, or yeast infection?
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 12:56pm
Ok... normally I masturbate at least once a day... sometimes two or three. Normally the discharge that comes out is clear and liquidy with no offensive odors, although sometimes it's more opaque than clear. However do to living situations I haven't been able to masturbate for about a week. I finally get a chance to do it today and (sorry to be so explicit) when I pulled my fingers out there was this really thick, white, creamy like substance all over them. I know that cycle's affect the properties of discharge and stuff like that... but this has never happened before. It was like, thicker than yogurt thick. But it didn't smell and I haven't itched and there was no pain during masturbation. Also it was smooth... not cottage cheese like so I don't think it's a yeast infection. Is it just because my body's used to having that release and it's like built up? Or should I be worried that it's something more serious? I don't really think it's an STD because I've never had intercourse, but I suppose I wouldn't rule out the possibility. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it a lot.
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 10:25pm
To answer your question... Frustration. It doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about from your post. I'm not a doctor, but it doesn't sound abnormal. See if things change as the days go on. If you begin to feel an itch or discomfort, then see a doctor. I think you're okay.

Jag

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 9:21am
I'm not sure if you are on BCP or not, but you could just be ovulating. If you don't have any odor or itching than you should be okay. I know your discharge can get thicker when you ovulate. (not to mention thats when you are more "in the mood") hehe.

Gin :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 1:35pm
Girl you probobly have an STD. You need to have tests done.
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 3:52pm
I disagree.. there is no big reason to think you have an STD. Most of the STD's have symptoms more than just a discharge. Itching, pain etc.. So I don't think you should panic and think you have an STD. If you are concerned a gynecological appt could help clear your mind.

Gin

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 5:25pm
She is not sexually active, so it can't be an STD.