Rash from jeans?

iVillage Member
Rash from jeans?
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 8:36am
Hello, I have a strange rash. I think it is from these new jeans I bought. They are cotton and spandex and are not tight at all, actually they are very loose. I get a itchy rash around my outer vaginal/upper thigh area. I have been using Vagicaine on it and have not worn these jeans again (wore them twice). I now wear 100% cotton jeans and am much more comfortable "down there" though I am not all the way healed up yet. Haven't had sex for 3 days! Going nuts here! Anyone else had this problem. Oh yeah, the jeans are a very dark blue too. I wonder if it is the material or the dye? Off to the garbage can they go I guess...Or maybe I can return them to the store... I'd be embarrassed to tell them why I need to return them! But hey, they cost $25.00. And $25.00 is $25.00!

Thanks!

Deb

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 11:30pm
Hi Deb,

It could be the dye, especially if it's a dark color. Many women are sensitive to dyes! I wouldn't trash them, return them! Customer satisfaction ya know!

But, if you're still experiencing symptoms after a few days you should probably pay your doc a visit just to make sure nothing else is going on, okay?

Leisa

Leisa

aj34x44-_65-wgw0603.jpg picture by dannah

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 12:27pm
It was Jock itch! Yup, ladies YOU CAN GET THIS! I was doing alot of work and sweating and staying in sweaty clothes doing my OTHER job at home. I didn't get out of my dirty smelly sweaty duds until late at night! Sooo, if anyone here gets sweaty from work, or working out even, take that shower afterwards!