I need info regarding tubal ligation

iVillage Member
I need info regarding tubal ligation
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 12:51am
To anyone who has had one done, please tell me your experience. Has it changed your cycles, especially in regards to pain. Did your MD use clamps vs. cut and tie method? Anyone have one done with a cesarean? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!! Valerie

~Valerie
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 8:47am
well, I didn't have a tubal ligation but what I did have is both tubes cleared out through a laporoscopy, the first tube had a giant cyst that wouldn't go away and the second tube was so badly damaged with scar tissue from my first c-section that it needed a clearing out too, additionally I had a hysteroscopy at the same time to remove polyps....Now as far as a period goes I'm still waiting for mine..My surgery was last tuesday...cramps, yes definately I do feel and things like laughing too hard or coughing are still a bit painful, no tub baths for a month, needless to say no sex either...it's not exactly like I'm in the mood anyway...but for the most part all in all I suppose I'd do it all over again if I had to, my doc thinks all these "problems" were what was keeping from having another child, I only have one so we really want another...now as far as how she cleared out the tubes I'm not entirely sure but I'll ask her when I see her next week then post back for you.

Good Luck

Missy
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 12:54pm
I had a tubal ligation when I was 35 years old and immediately my

periods got unbearable. I had very large clots and gushed for 7 days,

cramps where very bad and I had to take medication for them. When

I asked my gyn about this, I was told that frequently this is a

side effect after having it done. The doctor used clamps with me.

After 9 years of suffering with these problems I finally had

a hysterectomy. The surgery was not bad and I was back to normal

quickly. I had this done 6 weeks after giving birth and was able

to pick up the baby after one day.

LeeAnn