period confusion

iVillage Member
period confusion
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 6:32pm
I'm 20 and have a fairly normal body. For a few years, my period has been pretty predictable-bad cramps, really heavy, 7 days long every 25 or 26 days. But twice now, its been like 3 or 4 days early and light. This was sudden, not gradual except that this time its way lighter flow than last month. It probably wouldn't even soak a regular tampon in 2 or 3 days where used to, I was changing a super absorbency like every 2-3 hours for the first few days of my period. Please tell me that there is a perfectly good explanation for this! I am sexually active and we use spermicide film every time. I'd like to think that this is just something normal and I've lucked out because my period used to be such hell, but such a drastic change worries me.

Manda :)

iVillage Member
In reply to: mandak78
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 9:19pm
Have you gotten on the pill? Sometimes the pill will do this to one's periods. You may want to call the doc's office and just ask them if it's normal. I'm sorry that I can not relate... unless it's from getting on the pill.

Jag

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 12:53pm
I'm not on the pill. I'm not pregnant either. I just wish I knew whats up. I would think that any normal change would be more gradual, but then again, I'm nots sure "normal" exists!

Manda :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 6:28pm
I have been kind of experiencing the same thing too. When I usually have my periods it used to be really heavy and it will last for about 5 days. Last month I had my period, I don't even know wheather I am on my period or not. It was very light and the tampon was not even wet and it only lasted for like 2 or 3 days. I don't know what is going on, this is really confusing.