Painful Sex

iVillage Member
Painful Sex
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 6:55am
I have been having pain during sex recently, best described as a sharp pain inside, middle lower area. Afterwards, my lower back cramps, much like menstrual cramps. Any one experience this or have any idea what may be causing it? I'm 28, went off the pill in December. My periods are regular to the day, normal, last 4-5 days. My mother had a hysterectomy when she was 29 due to endometriosis. Could that be the cause?
iVillage Member
In reply to: heather_r12
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 12:48pm
Well, I'm not sure if I can help with your situation, but I will sure try. I experience pain during sex, same as you: sharp pain in the lower area except I don't recall having cramps like you. I was always afraid to talk about it with my doctor until one day I'd had enough, so I told her what was going on and they scheduled me an ultrasound. Turns out, my right ovary was lower than my left and was getting bumped which was causing the pain. The doctor said all was fine and when we wanted to have babies, everything would be fine. I would suggest going to your doctor and getting things checked out, that's the only for sure way of know what's really going on with you. Plus it will be a huge relief when you do find out because then you can stop stressing over it. Good luck :)
iVillage Member
In reply to: heather_r12
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 6:04pm
It could be caused by endo, definitely a symptom. I'd suggest seeing your gyn and discussing it. The only way to diagnose it is with a laparoscopy though, an ultrasoud will not!

If your mom had it, then you're at an increased risk also.

Course it may not be endo at all, but the only one who can know for sure is your doc.

Good luck!

Leisa

Leisa

aj34x44-_65-wgw0603.jpg picture by dannah