endometrial disorder

iVillage Member
endometrial disorder
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 4:31pm
i've been having painful periods about a year after i got my first. the cramps last the first and second day of my period and during, i am always vomiting and in severe pain that i cant walk, and i cant sleep. any painkillers i take oraly are just thrown up, and usually i have to go to the gyno to get anesthesia shots, and then my day can go on normally. recently i went to the gyno and he told me that i might have a endometrial disorder, but it didnt show up on the tests that he took- just a hunch. does anyone have the same symptoms as i do or know about this disorder?
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 1:18am
I'm not sure which tests your doctor has done, but it sounds like you need a laparoscopy. Your symptoms sound very indicative of endometriosis. Has your doc ever mentioned this to you? The ONLY way to diagnose it is with a laparoscopy, nothing else will definitively diagnose it. So I'd suggest asking your doc for a lap. If s/he doesn't take you seriously, then PLEASE fnd another doc! Endo does not get better on it's own, in fact it most often gets worse.

Of course endo may not be the problem, but your symptoms are identical, and nothing else comes to mind with your exact symptoms.

Good luck!

Leisa

Leisa

aj34x44-_65-wgw0603.jpg picture by dannah