If you ever wondered if YI can be.... m

iVillage Member
If you ever wondered if YI can be.... m
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 3:47pm
If you wondered if YI can be brought on by stress I'm here to tell you they can!! Here I have been posting and bragging about how I have my yeast "under control" and I'm SUPER stressed out because we are packing to move into our new house etc. (long story there).... but I ended up getting a YI myself from being so uptight, and I don't believe the sweets have helped at all (but I didn't have many!). It had been so long since I got one that the stupid nurse almost made me come in for a culture.. I said listen lady I've battled these for 10 years. I KNOW when I'm getting one.. now just call me in the darn pill... Then she says.. "Well they are only 75% effective"... wanted to say well give me 2 then *L* (Diflucans).

Luckily I have about 2 days worth of Terazol I can take with it... but just getting the darned meds was a pain.

I have my Dr trained, I can get a years worth of Diflucan and Terazol from him but I forgot to get all the refills... and then the nurses are giving me a hard timea bout one pill... believe me I know its got side effects etc.. but I know what I know about myself.. oh well I could go on.. I'm rambling... (see I"m stressed!! hehe)

I'm living amongst boxes and boxes.. I just wanna get moved (saturday!)

Gin :)

Community Leader
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 4:32pm
Congrats on your moving! It will be fun once it's over!

I took Diflucan once and it didn't work. :( My doctor is also leary about giving it out. They tell me to use the OTC stuff. I guess the pill is hard on your kidneys. Luckily, I've been able to keep it under control for a few months now.

Thanks for your reply down below. I used the baking soda last night and it seemed to help. I don't have a full blown infection, just itchiness. I'm trying to make it go away with diet, acidophilus and garlic! It's hormonal for me. Just finished my period.

I was looking around the net the other day and a couple websites mentioned Caprylic Acid supplements. Do you have any experience with that?

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks Gin!

Kristin

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 6:21pm
Oh Gin, I know exactly how you feel with the moving! I'm the queen of moving (military) and I get SO incredibly stressed every single time! Of course we've pretty much homesteaded now, thank goodness!

I also truly believe that severe stress can contribute to YI's, as well as many other illnesses. Severe stress compromises the immune system after all and can set us up for many ailments, especially those things we are prone to.

Best of luck, honey!! I'd come help you if I could! I always start out packing everything all in order by room, etc., but before I'm done I'm just throwing everything in boxes together! It doesn't matter anymore, who cares if bathroom items are packed with kitchen items! LOL However, the last couple of times I got smart and let the military pack us! I was so picky about my stuff I would never let them do it, but after too much stress too many times I said the heck with this and let them do it! Huge stress reliever!

~~hUgS~~

Leisa

Leisa

aj34x44-_65-wgw0603.jpg picture by dannah

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 6:38pm
Yes actually I do.. the Yeast Fighter supplements that I took had Caprylic Acid in it and the Garlic and Acidophilus together... I tried it seperately but wasn't as consistent.. I was FAITHFUL taking my 5 yeastfighters EVERY morning and it really did help rid my body of the yeast! I don't think acidophilus will cure yeast.. but I think it helps rid the body of it and keeps it away. I never did get rid of any infections w/anything other than medicines.. but to keep it away Yeast Fighters really helped me. Usually Diflucan won't work for me on a full blown infection, but I can tell when I'm getting one and I was trying to head it off before it got too bad... of course throughout the day while I was WAITING for the Drs office *L* I flared up a smidge.. I think I'm better today though.

Mine were hormonal too.. BCP was my big culprit and after being in it for SOO long I think now I'm sooo sensitive that it doesn't take much if my body gets out of whack... which it is now.. and its because I'm eating like crap and not exercising ... I'm working on that *L*

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 6:42pm
OH boy Leisa I can't even imagine moving that much!!! When I live somewhere I live there for years *L* So being in this place only 9 months and moving again is doubley stressful. The hardest part is trying to pack the unpacked stuff... and the unpacked stuff is only the things we needed and use. Does that make sense?? haha We got A LOT done today though so I feel so much better about it. I'm glad you have settled down.. I can't imagine.

The funny thing is my oldest sister they moved with her a lot.. so she can't stand being in the same house for more than 5 years... and when I got into school my parents settled down into a neighborhood so I never moved.. so I hate moving *L* WE are so opposite when it comes to that it's rather funny.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 1:25am
I HATE moving!!! It's honestly one of the most stressful things to me! I've always been a creature of habit, so after marrying him I was in for a treat! Of course it could've been worse I guess, some families move way more often than we did. We at least stayed for a minimum of 2 years! But I tell ya, I would rather someone beat the heck out of me than to move! And get this, we are actually talking about building! UH OH! At least this time it shouldn't be as stressful because we can take our time and not be rushed and all and there won't be much distance involved, which was a big problem before. And I know exactly what you mean by packing the unpacked stuff! Argghh! We've been in temporary housing (military thing) more than once while waiting on whatever, and it's NO fun, and you have stuff strung from here to there. Take a little from this box and that box, and before you know it you have a complete mess!

I'm glad you got a lot done today! It'll be over soon! And then comes the putting it all back together again! Which can be fun decorating and all for awhile. But then it seems it takes me forever to finally get everything unpacked and organized the way I want it. And finding stuff those first few days....forget about it! Did you realize you had so much stuff? Whew! Seems like we collect tons more junk every time!

~~hUgS~~

Leisa

Leisa

aj34x44-_65-wgw0603.jpg picture by dannah